Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Studio scale Tantive IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Man, that thing is as big as the Galactica miniature. It would be the mother of all SS kits!

What sort of armature are you using Lasse?

Mike
Ditto on this.

It's going to be a monster when weighed down with all of the detailing. I'd like to see what's holding it together.

Is that 3mm styrene for the main body panels?

Really looking forward to this build.

-Doug
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
HÆSTKUK

Star Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant future

Thanks!
The main body is built the same way the original was, heavy duty plexiglass tubes (cost me 500 USD). It is heavy but very durable and solid. The tubes were then laminated with 0,5 mm styrene. On top of this everything is styrene (from 0,5 to 4 mm)

This will NOT be a kit (would be a 5000 USD kit ))

I have not built a model for myself in years, so this turned out as a explosive burst of inspiration. What you see here is two weeks into the build. My son is on board as a trainee.

Last edited by Star Wars Scratchbuilder; 11-09-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wars Scratchbuilder View Post

I have not built a model for myself in years, so this turned out as a explosive burst of inspiration. What you see here is two weeks into the build. My son is on board as a trainee.
I think that fantastic my friend. Kudos to you and your son.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

The King is back in town. Who else would be the first to attack this bign

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

I can't stop looking at this build.... it is beautiful!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-10-2009, 02:57 AM

dogma is a jewel in the roughdogma is a jewel in the roughdogma is a jewel in the roughdogma is a jewel in the roughdogma is a jewel in the roughdogma is a jewel in the rough

hey L this is amazing! after you are done with her you will have to add a room to your house
Old 11-10-2009, 03:26 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Mother! Lasse and his Padawan! Unbelievable work so far!!
I hope my little son will also help me with my projects when he´s old enough to hold a hobby knife.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Lasse puts out amazing work like this and he isn't an RI God yet?

Get reppin' you guys!

Mike
Old 11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

With Lasse teaching his son means we might get wicked kits for generations to come That is a Kool thought. Imagine how good this kid will get with a father like Lasse!

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM

darkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant future

Amazing work sir .Absolutely Amazing!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM
SS modeler in training

cpt.skara will become famous soon enoughcpt.skara will become famous soon enough

beautiful work so far lasse!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

WOW!!!!

You could have made a bigger one............................................... ....

That's HUGE!!

Great work as usual Lasse.

Chris.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Seeing something like this makes me want to stop worrying about getting the little details 'correct' on my Galactica and just kitbash the rest and get the thing FINISHED!

The Tantive in studio scale is going to be one spectacular paint job- all chipped, peeling and rusty goodness!

Where are you going to display it, Lasse? Right under the screen would look nice...

Mike

Last edited by LastBattlestar; 11-11-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Man, that is one NICE den!!!! How you build these masterpieces you build is incredible! Keep updates coming on this one.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute

This guy rocks the casbah ! I remember finding his website years ago, and being totally shocked at the talent. He's the modeler I wish I was, Maybe one day, I'll be half as good. Then maybe I can finally finish all these Darn models I've started, LOL. Great work Lasse, You Da Man !
Cheers,

Joe C.