Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/650th Enterprise E build

How do all,
A fair few of you lot may know this build but one or two may not plus i'm not sodding about at anything else right now so here's my contributuion to the thread count

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipsrent.html

All good mind mangling stuff!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-07-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: link update
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I've been following that... with interest!

I think you've got an eye-popper there. Looks like you're getting close to the finish line.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Very nice, I was hoping you'd post it here.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I've been following as well.

And I'm still stealing your ideas! :P

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:25 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Ta mates.
Gave the secondary hull a blasting over of base grey lasy night, today is pinstriping day soon as i get home from that bastion of ball breaking called work, not hard work but so fuckin' dull i think ditchwater is going to lodge a complaint.

Neb: Said it before and i'll say it again, steal away if it helps me ole mucka

Mech: no apologies needed for telling it as you see it mate, truth prefered at this locale methinks.

Go easy you lot.
Does that count?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

OH MY!!!

Let me say that your build is a PLEASURE to view sir!

VERY NICELY DONE!!!

I love your panel details! You must be copying the original paint scheme of the original CG files, eh?

VERY impressive! I can;t wait to see it completed!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thankyou gentlemen,
In all honesty, the best and most clear referance i have for the panels and colouring are the decal guide sheets in the kit. Where the pics printed on those came from i know not but they are very clear and crisp.
Refing those up with the screen caps i took and printed, they matched as spot on as far as i could tell so okedoke.

I originally cleaned them up, i.e. removed all the black 'place decal here' lines/text and poster printed them but this turned out to be a pointless endeavour as the small sheets are much easier to handle.
So that one goes under the category of 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'

Mr Kuhn, on the subject of 'can't wait to see it completed'.
You and me both sir!

Mech, i can't say for sure how much she weighs in at ( a lady never reveals her weight) but she's no lightweight with the jig attached and yes, it does make my arms tired zooming her about the place but the real killer is the slow majestic pass for the camera
Does that count?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Griffworks

As always with your work, Ian, this is beautifully executed. Your attention to detail is nearly godlike. Great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb
I've been following as well.

And I'm still stealing your ideas! :P
That 'minds me, George - have you started on yours?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Don't forget to enter it in the contest.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:49 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Soon as i'm done it will be so.

During the meantime, another update for you lot. Main bulk of the paintwork complete, secondary hull done.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipsrent22.html

Now on to the bits and pieces small detail painting.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-07-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: link update
Old 10-14-2007, 04:10 AM
Banned

Beautiful! You really nailed the colors. This Ent E has to have the most complicated paint job of any sci fi ship out there.

I know I used a lot of 3D printed stuff now, and vinyl plotters etc. But I sculpted the master to this ship completely by hand, everything even the panels. And this one is still my favorite, always will be because it was my first kit.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 AM

borz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to all

Dude.... go get yourself one of these:

You really deserve it!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:36 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thank ye !

Richard, it was more by luck than judgement colour wise but got there in the end. Agreed about the paintjob, i feel certain there was the designer thinking to themselves "Let's see the bastards figure this paintjob out"

Be proud of what you did for a first kit mate because it is most certainly summat to be proud of.

Borz, i did indeed mate, several infact

Ok, been having a tinker about with the little bits and paintwork, here's some of todays fun and games...

Deflector

Impulse engines and hangar control room windows

Bridge

Pretty much the construction is done, just final small area paintwork to finish and decals to apply.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-07-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: pic links updated
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Oh my god, another one

Excellent work Raytheon, (great and informative site too). :mrgreen:
Old 10-14-2007, 02:02 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech
I tried applying an Aztek to a ship awhile back and nearly killed my wife, dog, neighbor, coworkers and self in the process.
What the hell happened???