Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Can't Member

Mensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant futureMensaboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Last Battlestar's Studio Scale Moldy Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Skill Enhancing Primer (TM)
LOL - i totally know what you mean LB, primer notwithstanding that is very fine looking

for me, the rendition in plastic of video game ships has always lacked attitude, and the greeblies and droid strip have made this "real" for me - definitely meaner looking
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Excellent man! Excellent. I love the greebles- they are perfect! I wouldnt add an R unit though since this thing usualy has a two man crew and is big enough for some sort of internal navigation computer- but thats up to you.

Again- excellent work.

Im not much into naming things but here are 4 I scribbled down for some cgi freighters Im modeling.

THE INBOUNDER
NEVERMIND or NETHERMIND
AZUR WIND
&
FORTUNATE 1

Last edited by Road Warrior; 05-10-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Fortunate 1. I like it!

Mike, Oz
Old 05-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Sounds sort of menacing dosent it - AND this ship has tons of aditude!

That or Miss Fortune ....dont know I like them both.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Damn dude, another great name!

Mike, Oz
Old 05-10-2009, 03:30 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

How´s "HOWLING CROW" sounds faster than MOLDY CROW
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
How´s "HOWLING CROW" sounds faster than MOLDY CROW
Screamin' Eagle? Stormtrooper Stomper? TIE Teaser?

Some more update pics tonight: I'm detailing the engine/wing assemblies with intake vanes:

....scribed panel lines, upgraded fuel pumps and intercoolers.

Artoo has a trusty new Astromech friend too, who may be monitoring the heavily upgraded and temperamental CEC power plants.

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow1.jpg (433.8 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg crow2.jpg (357.6 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg crow3.jpg (347.6 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg crow4.jpg (390.6 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg crow5.jpg (368.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg crow6.jpg (383.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Excellent work. enjoying this one.

Al
Old 05-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Total badass engines!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM

cokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nice

I love what you are doing with this. The Crow has always been one of my all-time favorites but you are taking it to the next level with all the greeblies in the right places.
Im off to build one in 1/72. Wish me luck!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All

Mike,

How about something like "Growling Panther" or "Screamin Emu"

RIchard
Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

^
Screaming Emu,Thats Gold!

Hang on,Emu's can't fly,they can run like the wind though!

Mike,the ball is in your court,i guess theres a few ta consider but the Emu's got me thus far.

Looking good there dude.
Thats some nice work,haven't viewed for a couple of days,hell you've been busy!
Nice detailing work and those engine are just sick,thats some serious thrust from them babies.Looking good alround!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

'Feathered Anvil' just popped into my head...

Mike, Oz
Old 05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Update: Build Day 11.75

I hit the bench for an hour or so tonight after a long day at work. Getting home at 8pm sucks, but the work day gives me plenty of time to plan out the next attack on the resin and plastic and the late hour minimal time to stuff around.

Added grilles and mesh to the side intake ducts:

Likewise to one of the tail fin leading edges. There are some scribed lines there that are not all that visible in the pics.

Starting to look more complete now. I can't wait to do more detailing n the interior.

Thanks for looking. Suggestions for added coolness welcome. Keep those names coming too. Screamin' Emu, Miss Fortune, Fortunate 1...once I get a decent list, I should start a poll!

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow1.jpg (379.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg crow2.jpg (389.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg crow3.jpg (371.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg crow4.jpg (354.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg crow5.jpg (660.2 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg crow6.jpg (404.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooolllll!!!