Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Last Battlestar's Studio Scale Moldy Crow

^
Don't cover the old girl,finish her and get her down stairs where she belongs!
Guess that means the dinning table is gonna have ta go but i'm sure Nikki will fully understand mate??

Ah,ya crack me up dude.Mate i can't do that fine detail work for,well you not what for.
That's definitely something i am totally crap at.
But i do think it needs an interior.
Theres plenty here that know how to do a good job with em.

Hows this for an idea,maybe ya can make up a master of the instrument pannels.The B-Wing interior is cool looking what you did so just do the same sorta thing with this one.You're not short on parts there.
So make a master and do a casting of it in clear resin.
Then just put lots of tiny masks what will be lights all over the controls and switches etc.Paint the outside whatever colour the interior will be.Then on the underside use some clear paint,ya know,clear red,green,yellow etc where the masks are.Then scratch up a lightproof box and use a few LED to light it all up.
That probably don't make a lot of sense but next time i see ya i'll explain it with a drawing.
Just an idea anyway!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

I get what you are saying mate. There is tons of room inside the model for a full-house interior- dammit! This WAS gonna be a quick build, just like the B wing.

It is what we model builders do, after all. The building is what it's all about, right?

Mike, Oz
Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 AM
HÆSTKUK

Star Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant future

Holy crap - i love that room and all the stuff in it!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

The scribing job looks spot-on, Mike! And add an interior! You know you want to!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:50 AM
BANNED on the Run

anubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Last Battlestar's Studio Scale Moldy Crow

Lovin it.

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
"He who beats his swords into plowshares will plow for those that do not."
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Another 3am'er at the bench, another update...

Yeah, really enjoying this build. As usual in this hobby, I spent about 5 hours searching through thousands of kit parts, castings for the 'right' parts and ended up gluing on about ten! Oh, I also scribed the port side, top and bottom of the model, so it wasn't a total waste of my Friday night.

Then I took the plunge and started building my 1:35 interior.

Question for the crew: do I greeblie the top of the model, similar to the X-wing? I like the idea to be honest, but aren't sure if it will ruin the lines of the ship?

The black dome is the crew hatch, BTW, not a rare Otaki D51 loco boiler end.

If said greeblie strip goes ahead, do I put Artoo up there also or in the cabin with the crew? I thought he could have a nice cosy socket in the cabin instead of being out in the cold of space?

Figure: what's available in 1:35 that I could use? Stefan, I don't speak German, so what did you use for the crew figures in your Crow?

Thanks for lookin'.

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow1.jpg (361.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg crow2.jpg (334.0 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg crow3.jpg (369.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg crow4.jpg (383.4 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg crow5.jpg (344.7 KB, 328 views)
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

I don't think the detail strip ruins anything! R2 units are supposed to be on the outside.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:36 PM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

amazing how fast this is progressing... im speechless!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Mike beautiful work! I like the greeblies. Now it looks more like a modified and much faster HWK 290.

I used some bomber pilots from a 1:48 B-17 Kit for my Crow. You could also use some Tank Drivers from your 1:35 Kits.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough

Hy my friend.I don't recall any r2 unit in ze games wich featured this ship (I mean "Dark Forces" 1 + 2 etc.My opinion is that you have to leave him out.
By the way...........great build!!!!!!!!!!Keep posting.Greetings from Greece.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

Thanks guys and welcome KWSTAS!

I guess she's not really the Moldy Crow anymore. Like Stefan said, a modified HWK290, so I don't have to worry about accuracy too much. The engines are slightly larger than the blueprints suggested, so she's been upgraded in the performance department. I'm still looking for a new name for this bird.

I'm not really familiar with the SW games this ship is featured in, but I like the R2 unit idea. This may be a Rebel Fleet HWK290, so combat versions may have been upgraded with the R2 plug-in option? I added one to my B-wing, so it's becoming a signature feature of my SW models.

Mike, Oz
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Greeblie fun this fine evening. This is my favourite part of creating these models and is harder than it looks. Getting those random parts to fit together and look like they do something is tricky. I've made up some moulds from parts out of my 1:24 Hurricane kit (not on the Galactica) for generic greeblie use. They have come in very handy on this project as they aren't readily identifiable.

I've added these greeblies on top to suggest heavy performance mods on the standard HWK290. Lots of high pressure fuel booster pumps, surge tanks, cooling fans and radiators suggests one fast Kessel runner. Too much power in an airframe is never enough.

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow1.jpg (401.6 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg crow2.jpg (405.2 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg crow3.jpg (390.3 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg crow4.jpg (632.8 KB, 259 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Groovy tunes.

Wow! Mike, you sure have a talent with the detail! Very functional looking!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Thanks Smoker. You can count me in as a fan of your work too, mate! Get building!

One more 2am update on Day 8 of the build. I've added a few more little styrene chips and surface detail and hit the rest of the hull with Skill Enhancing Primer (TM) and am really stoked with the results. Damn, I'm having a blast with this build!

I've made the mould for the engine intakes and bought some metal tubing for the wingtip cannons. Lots of work to do. What a shame.

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow1.jpg (376.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg crow2.jpg (396.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg crow3.jpg (370.4 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg crow4.jpg (367.9 KB, 245 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Damn Mike!! You can crank out a full scratch build in the time it takes me to open a kit box up!!
Looking very cool there!! keep it up!!

Tom