Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: We Move Anywhere

Well not much to show but i'm gonna show it anyway.
Been playing with these bit's the last couple of nights after work.
These are a couple of scratch attempts for a couple of the parts.
The first is the smallest of the box sections that hangs of the Command Module section,thanks to Mike for sending me some dimensions on these areas.
The other part is an attempt to make the Hatch that is on the back of the Leopold barrel (Sensor) part.I was told by Mark D. that the hatch was what was originally on the CM.
Thanks again for that info mate!
Anyway,i guess ya's can all see my scratchin ability is pretty average,but the CM being such a weathered ship will hopefully cover a lot of it?

2009_0304BSG0002.JPG2009_0304BSG0004.JPG2009_0304BSG0005.JPG2009_0304BSG0007.JPG
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Looking GOOD!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

How's she coming along, Phil?

No pressure.

Mike, Oz
Old 03-06-2009, 06:45 AM

modeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant futuremodeler1964 has a brilliant future

Congrats on taking this project on! Sounds like you have a great support base for supplies and info. It's a cool thing when other modelers come to each other's assistance in something like this. Keep it up!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Looking GOOD!!!
Thanks there Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
How's she coming along, Phil?

No pressure.

Mike, Oz
Dude,there's no real pressure,maybe some frustration at not having parts to be able to press on in some of the areas but i've got a few things planned on doing to it over the weekend.Just made up the second of those sponsons parts.Changed your dimensions just a little on it but only by a bees dick.
So i got that to putty up and then i'll build up the last one that the main sensor sits on.But i'm sorta limited what i can do with what i have here at the moment.Next week i hope ta see those Saturn cone parts,then i can really start putting it together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeler1964 View Post
Congrats on taking this project on! Sounds like you have a great support base for supplies and info. It's a cool thing when other modelers come to each other's assistance in something like this. Keep it up!

Cheers,it's a fun project thats for sure.
Ya also right,without the assistance i've been given i wouldn't have stood much chance of doing it on my own.It's been really unbelievable the help i've recieved.Those guy's have been an enormous help.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 AM

Well another tiny update.All the sponsons are built,i'm not really sure how close i have them to what they should be but i think they still look the part?
Started adding parts to the Starboard one but this is as far as i can go till i get the Arizona part for the top and work out what turret is used on the side of that one.
Anyone wanna chime in what kit that turret is from?
The Port one i've put some pins in to support that main sensor part and the Akagi piece on the front is just tacked there as it needs to be cast for the others in our group before it's trimmed to fit right and glued for good.Thats why the barrels aren't sitting flush with that one in the picture.
So i've only got a couple of more small things i can do before i need those Saturn castings to keep it moving forward.
Then i need to get casting with Mike for myself and our group,then it'll really be some fun sticking all the bit's everywhere.
I'm really having fun with this build!

2009_0308BSG0001.JPG 2009_0308BSG0002.JPG 2009_0308BSG0004.JPG 2009_0308BSG0005.JPG 2009_0308BSG0007.JPG 2009_0308BSG0008.JPG
Old 03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All

Wombat,

looks very good so far !!!!!

by the way Airfix Saturn V 1/144 kits will be available April 15 if you need a kit.

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...ollo-saturn-v/

RIchard
Old 03-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Good job, man. Pretty sharp work there. I shall be around tomorrow to check on progress. And to see the latest BG episode I missed last night. Bloody weddings!

We should make a mould of one of the Saturn cones. I'd like to build another Movers with different containers on it. Maybe an ambrosia tanker?

Mike, Oz
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Outstanding work Phil !!!!

Its really a joy to watch your work.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Richard,Mike,Mark,
Thanks gang,i'm really having a blast with it!
And if i can do it,anyone can do it as i'm the lousiest scratch builder around.

Richard,thanks for the link there on the re release Saturn V.It's good to see it coming out again but i just couldn't wait till then,i needed those cone parts asap.Although we are nearly there now.

Mike,sounds good.Just wanna know where ya gonna fit that in between a SS Battlestar and a 44" Eagle?

Mark,way kind of you on those words,i hope ya don't fall asleep though,you know how slow i am with these things?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Richard,thanks for the link there on the re release Saturn V.It's good to see it coming out again but i just couldn't wait till then,i needed those cone parts asap.Although we are nearly there now.
Wombat,

you are most welcome!

RIchard
Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Phil,

That's coming along really good. Looking forward to more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Good job, man. Pretty sharp work there. I shall be around tomorrow to check on progress. And to see the latest BG episode I missed last night. Bloody weddings!

We should make a mould of one of the Saturn cones. I'd like to build another Movers with different containers on it. Maybe an ambrosia tanker?

Mike, Oz
Last Battlestar's on to something here. I think a cargo ship with various fictious Caprican brand names and logos on the containers could be pretty cool.

Maybe one with a well known cigar logo ... (I know this is a cheesy example).

Sorry to get off topic in your post, Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caprican Imperial.jpg (74.2 KB, 208 views)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 AM

^
Cheers Doug,a lil cheesy maybe,but i can see the possibilities,just not on this build though.

Alright,another small update,as they always are.
Did a lil more to one of the sponsons.Mike left me a cast Arizona part so i could place the other bits on the top of it.My Arizona has now arrived and that part is just sitting there in the pic.Still trying to find the identity of the turret on the side so i don't want to add those other details till i've got that turret on there.But thats the only part i need to finish that sponson.
Still no Saturn parts so i've been tinkering with the mounts for the containers.
First i've put some smaller diameter pipe on the armature to take up the gap to the pipe that the containers sit on.They ain't glued yet,as again the Saturn parts are needed to build up the centre module first.
The mounts themselves are glued but i'll use some epoxy putty to strengthen them up.i just needed to make sure that things looked OK before fixing them for good.
I'm planning on using magnets to hold the containers in place,one on the container and one in the armature mounts,but if that dosen't work i'll just epoxy them on as well.
So thats it for now,hopefully the Saturn bit's will arrive next week.

2009_0314BSG0003.JPG 2009_0314BSG0001.JPG 2009_0314BSG0002.JPG 2009_0314BSG0005.JPG 2009_0314BSG0009.JPG
Old 03-14-2009, 09:06 AM

Cool !! you are making some great head way with this project.

I hope the magnet idea works.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Phil,

Looking good.

Magnets are a great idea. It would be a big help when you're painting the separate containers so you can avoid having to mask off the rest of the ship.