Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon Updated 10-1-08

its true. i've bled on every build i've ever done
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 PM

elgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon Updated 10-1-08

Absolutely incredible build sir!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:27 AM

faustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nice

Man!!Thats one SWEET Falcon!!Coming along GREAT!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
its true. i've bled on every build i've ever done
Hell yeah! Amongst various dried blood spots, I even noticed a small spiderweb inside the Galactica last week.

Question: does the SS Falc measure 32 inches in total, or is that the saucer diameter only?

Mike, Oz
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Well I finished the tiles behind the tunnel and that was pretty quick, but that beak area was a royal pain! It's flat and a focal point on the ship so it needed to be pretty accurate and pretty straight.

Now my camera makes it looks as if it's narrower in the back than the front, but it's an optical illusion for some reason as you can see I halved the beak and measured everything out. I then laid out the styrene tubes and really tried to make sure they are neat and positioned correctly.

Then came all of the tasty details and instead of just letting those tubes end I made little detail parts that looks like fittings that blend the ends into the ship. That took a ton of time, but I think it was well worth the effort.

Anyway I got the two areas primered and I ran out of sheet styrene or I would have started the tunnel and the right front pit area. So I'm going to detail the right side pits and finish the right beak.

I'll post some more photos as I get her finished. Also I slowed down a little and took some more photos this time. I was asked to show a few more photos showing the process, well here it is guys.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon Updated 10-2-08

Damn, that's beautiful.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Szyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really nice

Very nice work, thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All

Paul,

not only is that looking very accurate and extremely awesome!!!! but you are doing it so frickin fast it makes my head swim

Richard
Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Man that Falcon ROCKS!!! Outstanding work!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Monsieur Tox

That's truly outstanding !
The 32" was my first scratch ever and it's always a great pleasure to see new ones coming to life, keep up the good work !
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future

Your Skills are Very Impressive.... the Details you are putting in your Falcon... Just blows me away !!! You sure have a Luv for Her...

I noticed in one of your pictures that You seem to have Print outs of Parts you need to accomplish the Detail work and Parts layout for those Recessed Access Wells...

How much time did you Spend Researching all the Needed parts to Enable you to Pursue this Venture...???

Anyway... I could never Start something like this !!! but seeing you go at it... sure Raise the Bar....

I can't wait for more Detail shots...

I'll just content myself with my FMMF....

Once again.... Brilliant work... keep us Posted!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All

This build makes me wish I could afford to scratch build a falcon. Beautiful work, and whats really special is that you're building it SO FAST but its still perfect work. I dont see any problems anywhere regarding buildmanship. Usually the faster I go the uglier it gets.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't work slowly, with paint work I work slowly so that I don't ruin the paint. I know there are some guys that will agonize over every detail and that's cool, I respect accuracy. But with something like the Falcon, it's easy to hide inaccuracy with a lot of detail.

I can't take any credit for the part id's, that credit goes to Frank and Moe and they made the style guide for MR. Now Frank is one of those guys that for years I would visit his home and he would have another section of the Falcon finished and it was perfect! He worked a full time job and still had time to work on his Falcon and it was accurate and perfect, that's just not my style. I have the utmost respect for Frank and Moe and there dedication to the Falcon, without them I doubt I would ever have built this piece.

Also Lee Malone did an awesome job with the basic form, is it 100% accurate, no and it shows on the beak. I'm happy with the shape and I'm hiding the inaccuracies with parts or tile expansion.

I received some Styrene from a friend today, so I'm going to finish the front pits and everything except the tunnel. Then I'm going to flip it and work on the bottom. I'll finish the tunnel, gun turrets and gun tunnel ends last.

I'll post some more tonight.

Paul
Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

EAGERLY awaiting the update, Paul.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
EAGERLY awaiting the update, Paul.
SO SAY WE ALL!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox