Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon Finished, Pictures Restored 1st Post

This link has all of the pictures that were hosted on my old site. Please click the link below.

http://www.lucasfrancisstudio.com/lf...=37&gallery=42

Well about two years ago I bought a nice Falcon carcass from Lee Malone. He'd started it, but knew he would never finish it. Fortunately Frank Cerney had given Lee a copy of the MR style guide for the Falcon and a ton of parts.

Iíve had the thing in the works for a while cutting tiles and finishing up the engine section.

Now before the Accuracy Police pull this thread over for inaccuracy, I'd like to say that even thought I have a lot of the original parts, I didn't have them all. I'm not going to spend more on this thing than an MR would cost in model kits, so I've set to scratching anything I could or using something close. I've also got a handful of original parts I need to cast to finish the engine assembly. I couldn't resist spraying a little primer.

I'm taking my sweet time and will post more progress as I go. I've also got the FC/MM clear cast resin interior, radar dish and cockpit cover.

Anyway here are a few pictures, be nice, please!

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finalpaint7.jpg (452.1 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Paul; 03-22-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Modelhead

Max Zephyr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon

Wow what an awesome project! Insanely cool. As far as not being 100% exact goes... who cares when you get a chance to build your own Falcon

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
--Somerset Maugham
Old 09-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

That's right. The Falcon has a... checkered history to say the least. If I ever do something like this for myself, I'll change a few things to make it like... say... a 'Lando' version. Sorta. I guess.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 AM

greeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Malone-Francis Studio Scale Falcon

Wow!
I am always utterly amazed when anyone takes on the daunting task of scratch building a Falcon.
add to that... that you are doing a terrific job! Nice !
I'm goin' to be watching this thread with envy.

-M
Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 AM

Carson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to behold

I salute you, sir!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Definitely a cool project!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 AM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

"No! NO! NO! that one goes there! - This one goes here!" (Han from esb)

Dude - not even chewie new where everything went. Awesome work man. It's a ridiculously tough project to build a falcon from scratch. Heck I can't even bring myself to buy the parts to accurize my MR Falcon... Kudos to you

~T
Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

WOW!! That ROCKS!!!

Outstanding work! can't wait to see more.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys that means a lot coming from this crew. Lee did the main body shape and a lot of credit goes to him, and while it's not 100% accurate, it's close enough for me. I've had to change a few things that were wrong with the shape and start the tiling and detailing.

I'll keep posting progress and I'm having a lot of fun. I started to finish the engine section yesterday at around six pm, next thing I new I was spraying primer at midnight, time flies.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Falconer

Also wanted to say, that if anyone has parts they want to share, I will return the favor with parts I have molded.

Thanks for looking,

Paul
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

he he he he he... I have been wanting to watch this process for some time of building a Falcon!

Paul.... duuuuuuuuuuuuude! Thank you my friend for posting this progress!

SWEEEEET!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
H∆STKUK

Star Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant future

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Yeup! that's awesome!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Falconer

WOW, thanks guy, Kurt no problem, SWS I bow at the feet of your scratch building skills!

Well I did a little more work tonight, I finished the top of the tubes and the antennae mount area. My next step is outlined in teh last photo and without Moe's awesome work and identification of the parts I doubt I could have gotten this one as close as I have.

Thanks for looking guys and any help anyone may have for laying out these damn tiles, I would greatly appreciate it.

And Kurt, I'll try to post more in-between photos, although I find it a little intimidating with all of the talent amassed here.

Paul

Old 09-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Excellent my friend! Most excellent indeed!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox