Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 PM

Papa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud of
Default CURRENT KIT FACTORY PROJECT

Presently working on a very accurate original series Enterprise NCC-1701 with a Laser augment. This is the old 18 inch AMT kit, so a lot of accurizing has been done to bring it up to specs. Got the Saucer section done today, a lot more studio time left on this client order. Note that these are very rough shots, no primer or black-out work has even begun yet.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Looking forward to watching your progress here.

I find the laser lighting fascinating. This is also good because I like to get distracted when working on a model - I'm puttering around with a LiS movie Jupiter 2 and trying to determine the best approach for lighting it...

Go man GO!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Papa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud of

Mirrors, smoke, magic, pixie dust, and 40 years of model, and professional prop building experience, my Monkey friend. If you take a moment to read my little "bio's" on my website, you'll see I have a bit of history in the field. Seriously though, my present career is making the very best model, and prop recreations available. I learn new stuff all the time, and do it almost every day, sometimes 12-14 hours at a session.

It's become an engrossing obssestion from which there is no escape....

I'm completely mad, but feel very productive. Ain't that cool?

Thanks for listening to my obviously insane rantings......
Old 11-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Mirrors, smoke, magic, pixie dust, and 40 years of model, and professional prop building experience, my Monkey friend.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Looking great by the way.

I'm curious, do you need to send along some type of disclaimer for models with those laser effects? The reason I ask is I was at Radio Shack one time and some guy was playing with a laser pointer, his wife turned to him and said, "Honey don't point that in your eye, it'll burn out your retina", to which he said, "oh yeah?" and promptly looked directly in the beam.

See it's because of people like him things have warnings.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:58 PM

That's an often asked question Rel, and the answer is yes. The client gets an instruction booklet, as well as being made aware of the dangers inherent to these devices, before I even agree to add the option. Not something I would sell to an irresponsible client of any age. The Lasers I use are now commonly found on tools sold at the Hardware store. They'll hurt your retinas as well. If you poke a spoon in your eye, that's bad for them too. Clients who have bought the Laser option are usually very well versed on the technology, or I won't provide it.

You can have a good time providing a unique lighted display, but it must be done responsibly, and with safety measures in mind.

I'm not handing out death-rays to crazed grade school kids!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Great work!
I expect it can vaporise very small stones?
I love the fact you have real lasers in it!!!

Hey guys! Come and check out my new laser pointer!
Let me just get it warmed up....
Suckers...
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf

I'm not handing out death-rays to crazed grade school kids!!!!
What about crazed grade school mentality adult modelers ?

No?

Just checkin'......

That's me out then

Looking very cool so far papa!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

This one will hold some great attention!

I very much like what you are doing with the lasers! The build looks GREAT!!

VERY interesting indeed!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks very much guys. Do note that this is a very early stage, no colors on beacons, no black-out applied, glue's still drying when I took these shots. If I get it done by contest end time, I'll enter it, but theres a lot of work left on this build. It's going to have the detail level of much bigger displays, like the 1/350th MR TOS has, in a very small 18 inch package, a true "miniature". Working on the Secondary Hull for the next week or so, then on to the Engines.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Damn that's nice, Simon! Just like your refit.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:37 PM

Wait, I'm not finished yet, more cool stuff coming on this one....thanks very kindly Griff.