Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-06-2008, 06:14 PM

OTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant future
Default Cylon AB Fighter...WIP/ New photos 4-12-09

Not too much happening on this section lately so I thought I'd post a couple of WIP shots of my AB fighter.

Most of the rear section has not been mounted yet, but very close. The wings also have to be trimmed for the neon(or in this case, red acrylic rod).

Since this is my first SS build, any crtitique is welcomed..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apr 12 2009 015a.jpg (287.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by OTIST; 04-12-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: update photo
Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Elkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cylon AB Fighter...WIP

That looks great, I like this one, I know theres not alot of reference on this model but it looks like your build is on the right track, it does look right, good job
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
SUPATRPR"littering&..."

belleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud of

Looking SWEET!

Ryan
Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Studio Model Archeologist

star-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to all

Oooh, this one's going to be special and unique! Looking GREAT so far.

PS We missed you at the SFM today. Sorry you weren't able to make it into town this week. . .
Old 08-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Damn that looking real cool!!
Great start there OTIST!!

Phil
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM

OTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the encouragement. I should be done with the back end this weekend and will post more photos when its done.

Charles, I'm sorry I missed it too. Between Rob, Gene and yourself, I'm sure it was a regular geekfest.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have to ask - is this a one-off or are you planning on cutting molds off this girl?

>cleaning the drool off my keyboard<

BTW, now that I see your effort here and looking back at the only 2 photos in existence of the studio model, I now understand exactly what you were referring to in the other thread about the main rear engine assembly being obfuscated by the upper superstructure. Well done!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Studio Model Archeologist

star-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to allstar-art is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIST View Post
Charles, I'm sorry I missed it too. Between Rob, Gene and yourself, I'm sure it was a regular geekfest.
Ha! You have no idea. . . LOL
Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 PM

dilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to beholddilbertman is a splendid one to behold

Put me on the list for one or two of these!

Jim

Last edited by dilbertman; 08-08-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Cylon AB Fighter...WIP

Whoa! JON!!! DUUUUUUUUUDE! This really rocks!

You missed the Seattle geek fest too, eh? I feel bad. Those guys look like they had a GREAT TIME!!!

Anyway.... duuuuuuuude... this beastie ROCKS!!! I agree with Jim... if a kit should be made.... count me IN!

I'm going to move this into the Sci-Fi area for WIP's up top since this is a build and not the real studio Model.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 PM

Thanks Kurt.... It's definately been a learning experience!

I should have some updated photos this weekend to post.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIST View Post
Thanks Kurt.... It's definately been a learning experience!

I should have some updated photos this weekend to post.
I can't wait to see more of this menacing beastie my friend!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of my all-time favourites.

Looking good!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Man that Cylon Raider ROCKS!!!!

outstanding job!!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 PM

falcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enough

Great work.Now I can finish my revell conversion!alexander