Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 PM

Vos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of light
Default Studio Scale Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

I decided to tackle the Imperial Shuttle. My ot=riginal plan was to bash it out in 10 days, but guess what? That's just not going to happen. I have decided to put more hours into the project.

Here is the partially detailed the dorsal wing. The side wings have been partially built and detailed:

I found some Tamiya German 20mm Flak38 (MIT Sd.Ah.51) parts that I used to scale up part of the side wings. I still need to refine some of the edges and identify the remaining part for this panel. It looks like some kind of tow rope spool. I'm not sure.

I have started detailing the front recess of the dorsal wings too with what I believe are the correct parts (Morser Karl and Tamiya 20mm FLAKVIERLING):

The structure for the main body was laser cut today. It will be held together with 19.1mm brass tubing:

I have made the patterns for parts of the wing mech. I dropped these into rubber just before I left to come home for the day. I'll be casting them up tomorrow and joining them to the side wings:

Cheers

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25a.jpg (57.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 PM

Vos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the upper most part of the body, vacformed in styrene over a polyurethane foam pattern:

The vacforming patterns are polyurethane foam. I used 1.5mm styrene:

Here it is primed and double-sided to the dorsal wing.

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (65.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Wow, that looks great Vos.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Oh WOW Neil!! This is going to be GREAT!! I can't wait to view more!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

THAT is freaking fantastic! WOW!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Elkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant future

excellent work Niel, update when you can, would like to see more pics Marc
Old 03-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

This is one of my favorite SW designs. I don't remember you saying or not, but will this be a kit?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All

OHHHHH!

Looking very good! Quite a rapid build schedule though hehehe

Richard
Old 03-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words.

Will this be a kit?

As I am trying to bash this out relatively quickly I fear it may not be up to standard and will have certain things that could be improved upon, things that will bug people.

Here's what I'm thinking...

Once my show is out of the way, I want to take what I have learned from this model and build a NEW Tydirium, improving upon the things that aren't quite right or were rushed. Hopefully (with a little help here and there) I will have identified all the donor kits by then too. The masters for this will be designed with moulding in mind and not necessarily speed of production. I should be pretty quick anyway having already built one.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Anyhow, I cast up the wing mechanism parts today:

Neil
Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Frackintastical great works there, mate! Also one of my fave ships and you are doing a great job!

Kit form? I will be looking at this with great interest!

B
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos View Post

Neil
YEEEEEES!!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Awesome! One of my favorite ships!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Awesome work!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos View Post
*snippage*
You bet it sounds like a good idea, oh by crikey yes!!

Can any one say lighting, R/C servos and driver board?
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 03-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Groovy.
Updated the dorsal wing with 8-RAD parts:

Neil