Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-22-2014, 03:30 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 R2 Refit Enterprise > Reliant conversion kit

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:11 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Been a month, thought I'd bump this and see if there's any news to report.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Still sanding away. I've primed all the existing parts (though the 3D work was finished a while ago, there are still a few parts to be printed out) and am sanding them smooth up to 320. After this process is complete, for all parts not including the blockhouse, I'll strip away the remaining primer, give the parts a quick once-over with a 600-grit sponge, then re-prime them and look for any spots that need additional work. At that point, those pieces will be ready for molding.

After all the blockhouse parts are sanded up to 320, then stripped of primer, I'll assemble it, fitting it to the saucer at the same time. Once that's done, I can do the final sanding/priming/cleanup.

Overall, I'm very happy with how the parts have come out after their 320-sanding. I keep meaning to post some pics of the smoothed-out pieces....I'll make it a point to do so this week. The most impressive piece is the torpedo launcher as it's instantly recognizable. It took maybe 15-20 hours of work to get it where it is. Even at 16 micron resolution the stair-stepping was pronounced...well, compared to a truly smooth surface. The stepping is barely visible on the white, slightly translucent printing material...but it becomes instantly visible upon priming. And since hardly any material is actually removed, the sanding process has to be slow and careful.

So, yep, progress is being made....

Or visit my CG gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 09-24-2014, 06:14 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to the pictures Don. Keep at it!

Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Ditto!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 09-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Some pics...

All the primer hasn't been removed so there's a bit of grunge remaining and 2 of the pieces haven't had the excess putty sanded off yet.

Reliantparts7.JPGReliantparts6.JPGReliantparts5.JPGReliantparts4.JPG

Reliantparts3.JPGReliantparts2.JPGReliantparts1.JPG

Last edited by DonS; 09-25-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:35 AM

Those bits are shaping up nicely Don.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:25 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

SOLD!!! I 'WILL' buy this the day you release it.

Tracy
Old 09-28-2014, 11:36 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Will modifying the nacelles be up to the modeler, or are you working on those parts as well? Not talking about the obvious engine mounts/junctions for the nacelle struts. The nacelle's flux chillers i.e., the copper thumb nail grill sections are further aft on the Avenger class than that of a Constitution refit's nacelles.

You're doing so much as is, just wondering? And it doesn't matter either way, I'm still buying one.

Tracy
Old 09-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Large Member

Thank you!

No, I have no plans to do any mods for the nacelles. But I'll be watching after the kit is released to see what the builders say...there may be changes based on that.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 PM

gluejunky New face in the crowd

I got onto both your lists the other day, I cant wait to get this kit, I have a few 350 scale refits waiting for just this thing
two of them are going to be combined and built as the star gazer.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 PM

I know the specifics alterations required for the nacelles. Actually working on masters for Federation Models in 1/537 scale. There are two nacelle versions depending on which Miranda/Avenger variant you want to attach them to.

Tracy
Old 10-03-2014, 06:45 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar710 View Post
Actually working on masters for Federation Models in 1/537 scale.
Hot DAMN!!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Said this at the Abbe thread... Money is ready... When where, and how much?...

Tracy
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
My ass is itchy...