Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "David against Goliath" Dreadnaught vs Star Destroyer 1:2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
The one thing I would point out, is the lack of damage to the lower bay. Considering how far the Dreadnought has plowed into it, as shown on the top, I would expect little of the bay to be recognizable.
Yeah you are right. There are still a few things to fix. Ive tried to heat the ceiling up and bent it down but i wasnt happy with the result. In the other hand I needed a strong substructure to stick the Dreadnaught on it. So maybe i make a cast the hangar ceiling of my second SD and thin it down or i scratch the details on the ceiling like the rails and put it over the original ceiling, There will be also an explosion cloud so at first i have to get the cotton in shape and figure the best way out to do this.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano985 View Post
Just fantastic!!! I love how you paint your SDs! Maybe one day you can make a video tutorial like you did for the Old Republic Freighter?
Thanks Dan! I guess im to far with the painting progress to make a tutorial that makes sense but maybe when i paint my second SD. Its still waiting for me.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 AM

AbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the rough

I can't help but think at this stage the paint job has the measles! lol
LOVE THE CRASH!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteSciFi View Post
I can't help but think at this stage the paint job has the measles! lol
LOVE THE CRASH!
Yeah! LOL But wait till she is done.

Last edited by Hackcore; 01-24-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

Love the affect with the damaged panels. The bending and warping is a great way to go there.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM

dano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Thanks Dan! I guess im to far with the painting progress to make a tutorial that makes sense but maybe when i paint my second SD. Its still waiting for me.
Hooray
Old 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM

Ladys and Gentlemen and the work goes on. Man! What a time consuming work to remove all the Tapestripes and also to draw all the Panellines:

I casted a second ceiling that will be ripped into pieces by an explosion that coming off the hanger.

Here are all the Panellines done:

Bottom with MG Dark Wash:

Heres the first Lighting Test with Cotton and warmwhite LEDs
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of

Incredible Stefan. Just incredible. Well, actually....it's quite credible knowing you. How about outstanding/looks great/nice job??
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

superb, just superb work i must say
Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Now that is cool. First time I have ever seen this effect done in a collision. Looks like a classic scifi explosion to me.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

!!NICE!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Beautiful work, Stefan!

Its advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you dont know!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Thanks everyone!

Hey I got an "Holy Crap" moment this morning! Look at this crazy Shit!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

Uber-Cool !

Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Sastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really niceSastrei is just really nice

Quite possibly one of the coolest models/lighting setups I have ever seen!!! I presume you had to paint the cotton ball edges to get the black/orange coloring from the lights glowing through it?

-Stefan-