Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-22-2014, 04:49 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default "David against Goliath" Dreadnaught vs Star Destroyer 1:2256

Another project i´m working on.
First of i got this Anigrand SD with blue marking from my mate Björn cause he run out of space for the model so we made a trade and i finally got this pearl. But i wasn´t satisfied with the paintjob (was a little but rough for my taste) so i decided to repaint this beast. I removed almost all the paint and fixed a few flaws. Then i landed on my shelve for a long time cause other projects were more important. A few weeks ago i had a new idea what i could do wiith the SD as i listen to the Star Wars audiobooks. Han Solo rammed an SD with an Dreadnaught of the old Katana Fleet to help in a futile situation for the Rebels. But les talk more pics here we go:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1658.JPG (2.08 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by Hackcore; 01-22-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:54 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "David agains Goliath" Dreadnaught vs Star Destroyer 1:2256

Last edited by Hackcore; 01-22-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: "David agains Goliath" Dreadnaught vs Star Destroyer 1:2256

Fucking A! Will say more when I'm home from work.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "David against Goliath" Dreadnaught vs Star Destroyer 1:2256

Awesome concept.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Damn, that's way impressive!

Yeah, I remember that! It's in one of the Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn, right? The second one? Been almost 20 years since I read those, so forget for sure....

Anyhow, MOARPLZ!

It’s advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you don’t know!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 AM

dano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the roughdano985 is a jewel in the rough

Just fantastic!!! I love how you paint your SDs! Maybe one day you can make a video tutorial like you did for the Old Republic Freighter?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Wow, that looks great! Beautifully done.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

Awww..now you've done it....you went and broke your Star Destroyer !

Lookin good !
Old 01-23-2014, 06:18 PM

Hatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the rough

Convincing damage is not easy to model. You've done a great job!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 PM

DJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really niceDJSLY is just really nice

magnificent project
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM

cokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nicecokefiend is just really nice

You are a madman! But that is so cool.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The one thing I would point out, is the lack of damage to the lower bay. Considering how far the Dreadnought has plowed into it, as shown on the top, I would expect little of the bay to be recognizable.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Id make drifting chunks of hull paneling. Sheet styrene mounted on stiff clear line.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

You DO come up with the coolest projects! And I must say that when I think of bold Star Wars projects I think Hackcore.

I remember the incident from Dark Force Rising. Thrawn Trilogy equals damn good Star Wars. Good to see the visualized.

More please.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Id make drifting chunks of hull paneling. Sheet styrene mounted on stiff clear line.
Yeah that´s the plan. I want an explosion that is similar like that:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10908025@N03/8080235257/