Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 AM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default (FP) Colonial One (DONE)

HI ,its one to my next model. Fantastic Plastic Colonial One. This model a about 10" long when done,and is roto cast so i could be lit if one wanted to do that , which would be bad doing the main body but the head piece would be difficult to do so that's why I'm skipping lighting this one. How ever any ideas on what to do with the windows as far as making them look lit would be appreciated.
BTW :the 1st thing I noticed about this kit is that the windows along the front edges are round and not square so that's the 1st thing that I'm fixing.
Here's some pictures of what you get.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 032.JPG (998.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by cylon75; 04-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 AM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (FP) Colonial One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay View Post
Should be a cool project, but that casting looks a bit rough.
Yea its not the best iv seen but i will see what i can do with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM

falcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enough

In 2011,there is really no excuse for this kind of work.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:54 AM

What can i say ,i love a challenge.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 PM

All I have to say is "windows" see its all ready looking better.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Listen I'm no pro and I'm learning everyday and I just completed my 2nd kit, the owner of Fantastic Plastic just bought one of my X-Wing Concept kits, but to have an established company with kits of this quality is really unacceptable for the money being shelled, out either the master was poorly done or the molds are worn out you can just look at the box art, but with a little skill putty, a scribing tool, sandpaper and some styrene it can be saved.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY22 View Post
Listen I'm no pro and I'm learning everyday and I just completed my 2nd kit, the owner of Fantastic Plastic just bought one of my X-Wing Concept kits, but to have an established company with kits of this quality is really unacceptable for the money being shelled, out either the master was poorly done or the molds are worn out you can just look at the box art, but with a little skill putty, a scribing tool, sandpaper and some styrene it can be saved.
I here what your saying,but sometimes you have to work with what you have.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

I shouldn't be so hard on F.P. after all he did by one of my kits, Hope he wasn't saying look at the F#$KING CASTINGS! Lol, I know you will do a stellar job on this.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 PM

The next thing that i fixed was the cockpit windows on the front nose, it was to small and the wrong shape so i fixed it. I also scribed some more panel lines in it.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

A big difference from the original window looking good Cylon.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM

OK got some progress today. I glued the bridge onto the body And the engines to the back and scribed some panel lines. Had to use quite a bit of filler seeing that the bridge don't fit like i wanted it to but i think when I'm done it will look pretty good.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

She is shaping up good job.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Well I got the main body done and ready for prime & paint. Trying to put as much detail in as possible seeing that the cast wasn't the best ,I also scribed in the panel lines as well.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

The cast is fine. there arent many obvious bubbles or misalignments. Look elsewhere for the cause of the faults. The caster is only copying what was there originally. Like the line of wavy round windows (before cylon managed to line them up a bit)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
The cast is fine. there arent many obvious bubbles or misalignments. Look elsewhere for the cause of the faults. The caster is only copying what was there originally. Like the line of wavy round windows (before cylon managed to line them up a bit)
There was bubbles on it they have been filed and i had to use filer for gaps between the body the head piece and the panel line were almost unseeable. It needs work for the price that it cost . But it is workable.I'm not trying to make it look like its not wroth buying ,I wish it was cleaned up a little before it was cast again,that's all.