Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God
Default Firefly

Richard, are you still gonna do the Firefly?? if so, do you have any updates yet?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Not yet, that will be awhile.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

jameswrobertsjr New face in the crowd

I've already been hired to make a controller for the rotating effect on the gravity ring on the engine. It was easy ... but the led matrix is a bitc*.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 PM

fluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to behold

There is a person in our local Sci-Fi model club who can program small chips to make motors, sounds and led's DO ANYTING at any speed, direction, pulse, blink, fade, strobe at any rate. Including almost 'endless' random opperations.

Coby can varify this persons 'gift' or talants.

He owns a business that does wire harness and cable work for the Boeing Company here in Seattle. I can get you in touch with him. Just FYI.

That is a project that I would love to see materialize.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 PM

If he wants to make the ring with 40 leds on it wired together (or maybe a kit?) it could happen. The person that I designed and programmed it for didn't demand an 'exclusive' on it. I used a single-chip computer, so that it flows rather than steps around the ring. Note: a variation on this works good for a Jupiter 2.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM

fluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like your already on top of it.

Just to give you an idea:

On the huge REL Enterprise E kit...he has designed a system for the front of the nacelles that morphs & twist the led's in a way that is amazing.

With a combination of defusing techniques and morphing the three colored led's he can do amazing work.

One of his light kits is available for the 1/350 PL Enterprise...I just can not remember who he is using as a contact on that one.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:28 PM

Spoiler: Richard didn't design that display for the 1701E nacelles. I did. The method could be applied to RGB leds. Have you a project calling for something like that?
I have made lighting controls for the PL Refit. But not a lighting kit. However, I hear that VoodooFX is working on a full kit.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

James does all my electronics work, he does amazing things. Now me, I can barely solder two wires together.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM

I was saying that Pat Floyd a member in our Sci-Fi model club designed a circuit for large scale E and one for the PL re-fit.

Richard....I have seen your work...

... by the way nice 'E' James
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Richard: do you want to see some test video of what I worked up for somebody else's Serenity (I don't tell who my customers are unless they approve it forst)?
Fluke: I'm glad that you like it. I don't let anything out unless I'm happy with it. But if I can get others to say "cool!" (or even "kewl!"), then I know that I did good.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:37 PM

No problem.

Build on!