Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice
Default Re: 1/350 TOS 2.0+ What if build

HAHAHA I had to think a minute on what you meant, I actually did an Akira-prise (NX) already in 1/350, and at one time had it displayed with them, but it looked too cluttered. It didnt come out as good as I had hoped, both due to it being a really crappy kit (lots of gaps, misalignment, warped modls) and my inexperience at dealing with those sorts of problems. Plus I used paintmasks with rattle cans instead of an airbrush, so my detailing is WAY too pronounced, and too thick. I dont often show her off. hahaha

AND OMG I would LOVE to see a big Reliant kit. In the meantime, I have a ton of extra Refit parts that might make thier way to a Reliant kitbash, once I get my skills up to the task.

Dude, Arbys is my addiction! Wonderful choice for first junkfood haha!! You'll get there man, its a process. That's awesome that your company is taking care of most of what you need to help until you get back on your feet, both literally and figurativly. Take is slow man, one day at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Akira-prise 001.jpg (932.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Akira-prise 002.jpg (988.9 KB, 10 views)

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:47 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

What are you talking about? I think your skills are already there! That Akiraprise looks great. I understand about the lousy fit. I tried building one once, and it never got finished. It seemed like nothing fit halfway properly, and literally nothing was in alignment. Maybe I got a bad pull from the mold. There's three downstairs in the stash, one reserved for when someone comes out with an affordable refit Akiraprise conversion, the one with the secondary hull. I like how the light diffuses out from behind the deflector. Great job on that. That's a superb looking build.

Yeah, that roast beef and cheddar tasted great. I thought about the Kings Hawaiian, but that's just too much bread. Next time!

I'm a teacher and was injured on the job, so state law says the school district has to pay for me. By law, I shouldn't have to pay for anything out of pocket, but I'm already seeing how the workers comp insurance company is nickel and diming to reduce their costs. Hey, that's business, I guess.

Bob
Old 12-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

HAHA thanks man, Im my own worst critic, and I always feel I could have done something different or better. I might try my hand at another one one day, idk.

the defector is like the Refit's. the pic shows it in "low power mode" It fades to blue and then back. I dont think you got a bad pull, this one was supposidly the "new release" round 2 re-release, and it was just as hairy as the 2004ish polar lights one. The only real changes were the stand placement. Of all the big 1/350 kits, the NX is the worst. its got great details, but its almost impossible to get the damed nacelles to not point at that upward angle. I even added a metal armiture, tweaked the nacelle mount points, and everything. Still have a 1 degree aft droop. oh well. I was never too much of a fan of either the show or the ship, but figured why not since it IS an Enterprise. There's a company(idk ofhand what the website addy is) that offers a resin "refit" NX kit, but 300 beans is a little much for this guy... But you're right, the Refit NX does look better than the regular NX.

Im taking a Trek break right now and giving a 1/35 Mobieus Jupiter some love. Now THAT is a great kit. laser straight, detailed parts, Lots of oppertunity for lighting and winky-blinkies. Down side though, they give you this beautiful interior, but the ceiling is totally bare! so Im modifying an extra fusion core (they give you two, one with fins extended, one retracted) to go in place to hide my wires going up to the sensor.

Im old fashioned, give me a BIG MONTANA with a huge helping of fries and im set!

Thats good they mandate that, but yeah, bean counters are everywhere, and they are going to do just what they have to do and no more.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:06 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

I think that's JT Graphics that has the Akiraprise refit secondary hull kit, but I agree, fundage is a huge issue. If it was about $100, I could find a way to justify it in my mind, but not for the price its offered at. If you get a BSG urge, do get his battlestars, though. His Pegasus is light years ahead of the Moebius kit, and his huge Galactica is... Impressive. I have both, the Huge G to become the battlestar Arcadia. I already have new nameboards and missile launchers CADded up and 3D printed.

Yes, looking forward to the Jupiter 2! Please keep the photos coming.

Bob
Old 01-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

I have a couple of guys on my model group on FB doing some BSG stuff. I never got into either shows, but I love the big capital ships. I would need to watch them to do research first haha

AWESOME!! I'd love to see those when you get them going. feel free to post picks here too, no worries. hope your new year was great!

Old 01-02-2015, 02:08 PM

Here 'ya go: http://s231.photobucket.com/user/apt...?sort=4&page=1 The big battlestar isn't started yet. I can't reach the box from the wheelchair, so it'll have to wait awhile.

Please excuse the cats. They're my modeling buddies. There's a piece of them in every model. Pieces of hair!

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Bob
Old 01-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

I just checked them out! I love the cats haha. I have two that are always trying to get into my model room. they like to play and chew on the loose wires. My daughter sometimes helps me too. I know you're itching to get that big one started! i know i would be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 015.jpg (122.7 KB, 4 views)