Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-11-2015, 02:44 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Hasbro Hero Series X-Wing Fighter

Yep, I saw one of these my best friend has bought so was sold and got meself one of 'em

Page 1 WIP log now up!
Looksee over, first 3D test part print and the rough plan.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiphasbroxwing.html

Which may get very rough before the end.
Thread pics!

Not too shabby in some places...

A bit flat with the details in others...

And some places, in bad need of replacement.

Rear engines first up.

And a rough test print on the can with the turkey feathers, cleaned up and sanded here and there.

A lot left to do but you probably already worked that out

And that's it until later gang!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2194.JPG (125.6 KB, 2 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Hasbro Hero Series X-Wing Fighter

Dang, Ian, do you EVER sleep?

Looking great! Can't wait to see what you do with this!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

I saw those uber cheap recently, asked around for fuselage accuracy opinions and no one seemed to know. Is it worth getting one?

Are you going to split the wings Ian?

Mike
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
Dang, Ian, do you EVER sleep?
Occasionally but nowhere near as much as I'd fuckin' like to Sam

Quote:
Looking great! Can't wait to see what you do with this!
And Good point and to be honest, the plan is sound but then so was the one for the Titanic so draw thine own conclusions there
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
I saw those uber cheap recently, asked around for fuselage accuracy opinions and no one seemed to know. Is it worth getting one?

Are you going to split the wings Ian?

Mike
Overall Mike, the fuselage is about 85 to 90% there in accuracy terms. Proportions look the part and it seems to agree with the SS one I have after scaling up.
The main bone of contention is the very rear of the fuselage. It's almost there but the lower sides don't come in far enough to look right on. The top fuselage bit closes in nicely at the very back end and is about on the nail but the bottom ones do not.

I'll try and post a pic or two to explain it a bit better than pure waffle after I've had me dinner and a breather

Oh them wings will indeed be split. Once done, I strongly suspect the fuselage will be the only original part but it saves on scratch building one so it's all good.

As for is it worth getting one, well if you go the scratch build the bits you want route which should be a walk in the park for you then absobloodylutely!
Way bigger than the SS X-Wing and cheaper by a fair magnitude.

*Edit*
Said pics.
Top one is the SS X-Wing, bottom is the Hasbro.

So the Hasbro one seems ok in the bottom to top measurement give or take a millimetre or three but the left to right seems a bit too big on the Hasbro one.
Going by my digital vernier and calculator (my brain just isn't that good at some calculations) The fuselage on the Hasbro one is some 5mm or 0.198" too narrow on the rear before it hits the crease in which is throwing the angles off just a bit.

I'd consider this a thing I can sort of live with to be honest. A new, deeper detailed back plate should go some distance to sort it out...well enough for my tastes anyway and once the wing root bit and associated stuff that sticks out is in there, I think it won't be that noticeable unless one is a bit picky or possibly even pedantic about such things.

Which I am not when it comes to building for myself but that's just me
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 01-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Wow, that back plate detail is non-existant!

Oh that's right----they didn't make it for us old dudes, they made it for the kiddies!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:48 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

So at least put the X wing grown parts in rubber then eh Ian?

Mike
Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Mildly wordy lump ahead...

To be honest Mike and not having a go at anyone in particular, I'd rather not get in to the moulding and casting thing.
Nice idea but I seriously have no wish to do it.

The brass plaques for the TOS enterprise I did? Turned out to be a complete waste of time and money. Unless what I make has a guaranteed home to go to in the end, it's not really worth my effort.

Saying that, it's not just about the money. That's a minor thing in comparison to having the will to do that, which I just don't have in this instance.

I'm doing this for fun, for myself in the main and that's it.

Besides, given time someone else will take care of it just as they have done and are doing with the Hasbro Falcon.

These days more than ever, I just want to get the commission jobs I have done before what little is left of my enthusiasm for any of them gives out and then that's it, going back to just being a hobby doing it as and when I please for pleasure which will make a nice change.

Those who have paid will get their stuff eventually I promise that, anything I haven't taken monies for will either get done or cancelled, some of which have already fallen to the latter, including certain personal projects as I just lost interest and/or saw no practical purpose to them.

Not meaning to sound like a whingeing bastard but just speaking my mind here.
Does that count?