Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Interpretation v accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelnutz View Post
So true, So true.... I can't even look at a model kit anymore without thinking first about greeblie potential.
I actually have a hard time building a kit cause I know that I'll be "using up" my greeblie stash
Hell, the last kit I bought was the "Anzio Annie" version of the "Leopold"....and I already HAVE THE LEOPOLD !

I just wanted it for the greeblies
I can attest to that! I'd never seen that much greebly devotion (except in a droid) before I met Ed!

Love the work clactonite!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Interpretation v accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectors House View Post
The AMT kit was used by ILM during the production of Empire and they also built a smaller version to be slung under the Nebulon Frigate at the movies end.
And of course the Star Wars and Empire versions of the Falcon are completely different in terms of detail (especially around the back area).
Even the finemolds kit isn't completely accurate as the cockpit detail matches the interior shooting set from Star Wars, where the rest of the model is based on the 2ft miniature from Empire!
As long as the model is finished correctly. I don't think that every detail being exactly spot on, really matters.
Just look at the difference in detail on the Y-wing models in the original trilogy.
If you want a reasonable Falcon the Revell kit is definately worth a look.
I agree with Hectors House. ILM changes details all the time, especially when the scale changes. You build it to make yourself content, not others.

TazMan2000
Old 04-20-2010, 03:05 PM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the replies gentlemen, some soldering, swearing and scorched fingers later......engine lights!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00608.jpg (269.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00609.jpg (132.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00610.jpg (239.4 KB, 86 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 08:48 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

And primered!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0093.jpg (165.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0091.jpg (158.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 09:34 AM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future

Very nice! I think you evolve greatly as a builder/artist doing this!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

In spite of the innacuracies of the kit, a bit of love and a good paint job can always save an MPC falcon.

Looks good. looking forward to the paint job.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZGŪL View Post
Very nice! I think you evolve greatly as a builder/artist doing this!
I agree! Fantastic work... and evolution go hand in hand for great artists! You are doing wonderful with this piece!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
I don't think it is possible to get it 100% accurate.
Quoted for truth! What we see on the big screen is a combination of SEVERAL different models, different lighting techniques, shooting lenses and context, and this is especially true for the Millenium Falcon. I've seen the 5-footer on display. Many builds I've seen on this website of the Falcon are much better than the original. I laugh when I hear "I need to get the shade of white in **this** shot here." or some such. You can't - it's impossible. Just make sure you enjoy the experience of building.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0095.jpg (164.4 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by clactonite; 08-28-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Couple of other pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0101.jpg (169.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.jpg (156.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

Looking good.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM

More progress today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0104.jpg (194.1 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0102.jpg (185.5 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clactonite View Post
More progress today
Ahh! Very nice work!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

This is BEAUTIFUL work! Keep the progress photos comin'!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 PM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future

Looking great! This will turn out nice.

Last edited by NAZGŪL; 08-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.