Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 07-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold
Default X-Wing Scratchbuild for fun

Well I had some left over materials from my APC build and was itching to build something so I decided to do a studio scale size x-wing to go with my 2 foot long Y-wing concept this won't be a 100% accurate model I'm just doing it to see how close I can come with out months and years of research and spending a fortune on kits pretty much scratching everything so here's what I have for a couple of days work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (137.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by RAY22; 07-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:05 PM

AbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: X-Wing Scratchbuild for fun

Not a bad start, I can tell you eyeballed the proportions, but that is ok, it's a fun project!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

'For Fun"! ha ! you're going mad!!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Actually when I'm building something its like a stress reliever I don't think of any problems going on in my life and I just focus on the build, better than drinking and doing drugs unless your Charlie Sheen to have the hookers to go with it I tried scaling a 11 inch model thinking well if a studio model is 22" all I have to do is measure everyline times it by 2, not as easy so I scaled up a computer drawing on my flat screen and traced the dimensions on tracing paper but I kept looking at the damn nose cone it was way to bulky and thick so I did plastic surgery on it to give it the more tappered arrow head look its slightly better now will post some pics later time for some pancakes and turkey bacon Mmmm......Lol. Okay I'm back here are some shots of the re-tweaked nose cone I think it looks better than before, also got the canopy done not sure if I want to put clear inserts or go commando on it I do want to do a detailed interior hey for $20 of scrap wood this may not turn out so bad I will make the 2 wings one engine, cannon and mold them as to save time making 4 exact copies of each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (162.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (155.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (160.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (153.6 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by RAY22; 07-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 AM

robiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to behold

Looks great so far! When your done your going to mold this and sell copies for a very reasonable price, right?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

Lol robiwon, I had not planned on it as I am doing this for fun and to have a X-wing studio size model its alot of pressure to do a kit of this because many know the iconic design of the X-wing from movies to past kits they know it inch by inch. I hope that it will look close to the finished product but it would be far from a movie accurate model lets see how she turns out may the force be with me Lol.

Last edited by RAY22; 07-11-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 AM

chjoe New face in the crowd

hi ray, its coming along real nice...how about an EU 1/48 E-Wing ?(hint, hint,) LOL..
Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Banned

Thanks Pete, I had to look up what the E-Wing looks like, EU (expanded Universe) Duh Lol. I was like I don't remember that one, I'm suprised no one has made a 1/48th of it I know F&M made a 1/24th who knows you might have given me a future project.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 PM

AbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the roughAbsoluteSciFi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY22 View Post
Actually when I'm building something its like a stress reliever I don't think of any problems going on in my life and I just focus on the build, better than drinking and doing drugs unless your Charlie Sheen to have the hookers to go with it ...
ah... RAY22, IF I had "hookers" to go with "it" why would I or anyone for that matter want "it"? But then, what would I do with said "hookers"? humm....

Excuse me... I need to sign on to another forum....

Last edited by AbsoluteSciFi; 07-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Banned

Hookers and hobbies don't mix Lol, "Damn it Jim I'm a Doctor not a coked up actor!" quotes Leonard McCoy might have said if he was still around.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Just a couple of progress shots its been 3 or 4 days since I started this the rate I'm going I feel this should be done by the end of the month .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (163.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (168.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Banned

Getting close to finishing the fuselage then onto the upper and lower wing, engines, thruster, then cannon. I will lay thin sheets of styrene over the fuselage to scribe the panel lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (137.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (140.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (137.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (157.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Good progress!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

Thanks Absolute your doing a banging Job on your ship the paint also looks great.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

That looks great, Ray. Damn, you really get on a roll and produce stuff quickly! I often find myself fussing over the placement of a tiny greeblie and suddenly think 'JUST GLUE THE DAMN THING ON!'

Mike