Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ID4 alien ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Nice! I picked up the replacement bottom from FM, which allows you to model a 'non-captured' alien attacker.

From FM???
Got a link?
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 PM

bellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant future

great work, i love the bioorganic design !!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
From FM???
Got a link?
http://www.federationmodels.com/mode...ls/default.htm
Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerophon View Post
great work, i love the bioorganic design !!
Thank you I am still at it, if only the putty would dry faster
But most of the mods are completed
Model is getting a sun-bath at the moment
Once its dry, should be spraying primer
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 AM

Primer done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kun_ID4_in-progress-7.jpg (118.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Kun_ID4_in-progress-6.jpg (218.4 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-22-2011, 03:37 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful. I have got to pick one of these up again.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 05-22-2011, 03:39 AM

bellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant future

sweet, i love primer( its so pure)

i think i will catch this ship some day in the electronic bucht
Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Nostromo, primer looks a bit krinkally, was that the plan??
Old 05-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLogan View Post
Nostromo, primer looks a bit krinkally, was that the plan??
That's the texture on the kit...
Old 05-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Yes Bar is right, the crinkles came with the kit as part of the organic design of the ship. To create a plasma looking membrane, I will layer various constrasting colors close together. Lets see what happen.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Yes Bar is right, the crinkles came with the kit as part of the organic design of the ship. To create a plasma looking membrane, I will layer various constrasting colors close together. Lets see what happen.
Nostromo ( & Bar): My apologies, I ment no disrespect. I am fastinated though but the level detail on the kit. Amazing.

Last edited by JohnLogan; 05-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLogan View Post
Nostromo ( & Bar): My apologies, I ment no disrespect. I am fascinated though by the level detail on the kit. Amazing.

If you have never owned a copy of the kit, there's no reason you would have known.
The design is pure Patrick Tatopoulos. From the same designer who gave us the Stargate.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM

Thanks BAR, I learn so much on this sight.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 PM

No worries, JohnLogan This is a fun hobby and I am still loving it. Your comments are still welcome.

Bar, Thanks for mentioning the designer. I was pondering about that for a while. Let me see if I can find out more on PT.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
No worries, JohnLogan This is a fun hobby and I am still loving it. Your comments are still welcome.

Bar, Thanks for mentioning the designer. I was pondering about that for a while. Let me see if I can find out more on PT.

You'll find loads. He's designed almost everything!!!!
Just look him up on IMDB.