Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Darph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

I just quickly posted those pics. If you guys are interested, I can put up my 'in progress' shots. this thing looks awesome in primer!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

DB!! Of course we want to see the WIP's! This is great!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Darph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of light

Allrighty then,

SO, as I said earlier, I wanted to make something that looked like a late model MKI Viper, with nods to the MKII

For part of the lighting, I found some cheap dollar store flashlights that literally clicked in place!

I wanted to redo the pipework in the engine areas, so I cut, carved, scraped and...cut the detail out, and laid down a bottom layer of brass mesh

Here's a top view of the same. I also re did the piping going into the engines, and added a foot pedal from an M7 Priest as a greeblie

The only thing I really did to the intakes is notch the top intake,

I enlarged the sensor bays, once again to bring to look a bit more inline with the MKII

I used a trio of small spray bottle caps to make new exhausts, and I used the original exhausts as shrouds. I removed the ribbing from the originals and sanded them smooth

More to come...
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

WOW!!! Thats some outstanding work!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

I really like what you did to the kit, sir! That is very beautiful work, colour and design done!

B
Old 08-22-2010, 07:57 AM

Time for a few more pics,
While the cockpit is based off the full sized cockpit, I wanted to make look a bit more like a real cockpit, without the park bench for the pilot to sit on:

And now a couple views of the cockpit instrumetn panels. I made a lightbox for the DRADIS (the story being that the 'new' DRADIS was being installed in the MKI-D, to familiarise pilots with the system prior to the MKII being released) I used clear sprue to act as light guides to the indicators on the side walls

Speaking of lights, here is the engine lighting. I used a set of clear exhaust cans made by Cheetah Productions. There was a bit of a disucssion on SSM as to what was used for the inserts, it looked like a hubcap, but to which car. I correctly identifed it as the the hubcaps on the Knight 2000

and lit up. Not bad for a daylight shot!

The new Kinetic energy weapon (KEW), with the old laser cannon for comparison. The story is that the laser system was replaced due to an increasing failure rate of the laser pumps. Later, the KEW was officially adopted for the MKII programs due to the overwhelming positive reaction from the pilots. "one shot, one kill", and "Excellent! Being able to shoot without compensating for particle drift!" were just a coupe of comments from early combat reports

Here's a breakdown of the gun

A closeup of the modified tail. The pitot tube is a pin from a barrel connector, the story behind that is itis part of the Dradis system

A couple shot in primer. It looks really good in grey!

The pilot: I wanted to replicate the look from BSG: Razor, so I added the shoulder pads, wrist cuffs, an reworked the helmet to look more like the new series version

painted (somewhat grumpy looking):

Back of the helmet. I wanted to make a tie in to the Cylons the Colonials were fighting, hence the detail on the back

At this stage all that is required is to buld a display stand that I can conceal a batery in. The guns have since been glued in place and all that is really required is some exhaust around the thruster nozzles.

painted, no weathering

Early weathering. Here is a good shot of the tail and the DRADIS sensor 'spike'
(if you look closely, you can see that in the spirit of recycling, I used the laser cannon barrles as engine greeblies!)

Why the triangle? Again, with this being the 'Delta' I wanted to incorporate that into the stripes. The chuncky and exciting wing stripes were pure artistic liscense!

I hope you guys enjoyed my build, I'm quite proud of the work I've done!

Last edited by Darph Bobo; 08-22-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:06 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

That looks just AWESOME!!! And thanks for sharing your build up of this kit.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Hey - DB,

Your mods on this are excellent both in design and execution. I particularly like your engine can and sidewall mods. Great attention to detail and they fit seamlessly with the design of the original and MKII. I also like how you've named it the MKI-D - a great way to squeeze it in between the I and II. Awesome work.

-Doug
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very cool!

~Pete~
Old 08-23-2010, 01:41 AM

dontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nice

hey man this is excellent work, very nice and clean and imaginative with reworking the engines. A bit more weathering might not go a stray.

But hey not for me to critise, very very nice work indeed.
with the blue background for your photos.
Is that just any blue paint, or something special..?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I'm not quite done the weathering, having to go to sea kinda gets in the way. The backgorund is just blue cardboard
Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

An update from me builds. I didn't do much on the Vipers since. Honestly, I got a little bored with it as I feared I would 30-50% down into the build. I am currently molesting some Zoids kits and some Revell SW kits.

But I will return to the Vipers!

B
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Cool build. Looks pretty good.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM

hicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura about

Did you ever finish if you have can you tell me the link I'm new to this sorry to ask such an ignorant question.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Er..., is that question for me? The rest of the guys have finished theirs as you can see. Mine's in limbo, half built and stored!

B