Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-27-2009, 04:57 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
WOW!!!!! Thats so COOL!!! Man that really mess's with the eyes if you stair at it long enough.

CONGRATULATIONS DBHS!!!

It seems you got the effect you were going after.

I had to blink a few times to get rid of that "3-D effect" I
was getting from your pattern.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Thanks, guys.

When I was picking the colors I was thinking of the asteroid field from the episode 'Scar' and how to make colors that would disappear in that environment. I should photoshop this in over a screen shot to see what it looks like.

I tried putting the wing stripes on in white but it doesn't look good. I like the grey-blue color of the decals for the group build so I'm going to try that color. Maybe it will tie it all together. If that doesn't work I'll just put the camo pattern back and have no stripes.

-Doug

Last edited by dbhs; 10-27-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 AM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

Awesome cammo! Lookin' at it makes me feel, funky

Old 11-01-2009, 12:40 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Hello gang,

Well at last i think i got this thing finished so here's a few quick pic's, i'll be posting some more in the finished section later to day. This has really been a fun build and i think every body in this group build has done some outstanding work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0929.jpg (448.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0935.jpg (445.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0939.jpg (403.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-01-2009, 02:10 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Looks great, 79. The paint job and weathering are really nice.

The front part looks really smooth in the photos. Did you sand off the panel lines?

It's a great look for this version of the Viper.

Last edited by dbhs; 11-01-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:44 AM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

Great job guys! I love this thread!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:56 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Thanks dbhs, well i did sand the body seam but the kit's rised panels was almost not there on this kit . I did think about trying to redo them but i was worried i would mess it up but now iam wishing i did.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
El Guapo

I think it looks great with the front smooth. Helps to ballance out the back end which has a lot going on.

I got decals on mine today. Will post pics later tonight.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 PM
El Guapo

Well, here's where she is as of tonight. I got the stripes sanded off and re-did the paint job around them. It looks better with just the camouflage pattern and without the stripes.

After that the decals and a pin wash on the panel lines went on. Most of the decals just disappear into the pattern especially with the clear backing on them. I guess that's a good thing actually if you wanted the camo to be functional.

I didn't post the bottom before but I did a false cockpit pattern on the bottom. I saw this on an example photo of digi camo on a fighter jet. Thought it was a good idea but not sure it would fool a cylon....

-Doug

Last edited by dbhs; 11-01-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:44 AM

Paciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Holly Smokes!!! That looks so sweet

The canopy on the bottom should fool those stupid Cylons.

Sorry to hear the stripes didn't work

I am going to have to get creative with my camo, for the stripes on to work on mine
Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM

WOW!!!!! That looks so COOL!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:47 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paciffier View Post
Holly Smokes!!! That looks so sweet

The canopy on the bottom should fool those stupid Cylons.

Sorry to hear the stripes didn't work

I am going to have to get creative with my camo, for the stripes on to work on mine
I agree with Paciffier.The false canopy is a nice touch.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 PM

J.Oz is a jewel in the roughJ.Oz is a jewel in the roughJ.Oz is a jewel in the roughJ.Oz is a jewel in the roughJ.Oz is a jewel in the rough

That digital camo is probably the coolest "aftermarket" paint job ever applied to a Viper model
Old 11-05-2009, 01:25 AM
El Guapo

Thanks, guys !!!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 AM
El Guapo

We'll this one is pretty much wrapped up. I'll post better photos in the finished section later on.