Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 AM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future
Default Re: 6' Venator Republic Star Destroyer scratchbuild

I think Rel is a Master

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 AM

jockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.skara View Post
i think REL is well on his way to a MASTER PIECE!
I think that would be YET ANOTHER master piece!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

This is so cool!

~Pete~
Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

That is spectacular, Rich!

It is incredible what we see being created at home these days isn't it? I mean 10 years ago studio scale was pretty rare, but now thanks to the advances in reference and materials, anything is possible. You just have to WANT to build it bad enough.

Simply awesome REL!

Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Crash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to behold

Outstanding… just incredible work REL

Last edited by Crash&Bern; 01-27-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Yeeeeha! Nice to see you back at it Richard. Unbelievable.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

This is unbelievable and it's only an embryo right now,
and it's off the charts! I can't tell if it's live or Memorex.......
it's almost stupid how flawless it is!!! Because this was seen as CG
model in the film,I have lean in the direction that every thing seen is being
built from scratch? Wow what a massive undertaking Rich it couldn't be in better hands,
look forward to the day it's finished!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

What I like (admire) about this is:

The foundation was started with state of the art techniques exhibiting ultra accuracy and fidelity.

Subsequent work displays-
Fidelity to scale in every aspect:

Greeblies and added panels show scale fidelity. Nothing looks out of scale nor simply "added on" to "busy it up".

Even scribing is appropriate to scale not to mention arrow straight and uniform.

Even in primer the quality shines through and that color combined with lighting isn't hiding anything.

Everything about it is cohesive and appropriate.

Yes, it's yet another fucking masterpiece in the making.

Damn you REL!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I shall simply say that the above posts cover my feelings on this matter.
I just couldn't add anything that hasn't already been stated beyond the fact I fully concour with my RI brethren.

A respectful bow in your direction Mr. Long sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 01-28-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future

Krazy stuff !!!! in a good way of course !

Wow !
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM

Scratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
HOLY SH*********T!!!!!

I AGREE!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

I decided to redo most of it with new lasercut panels.

Last edited by REL; 01-21-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

looking very nice Richard. I have to ask... you often seem get to a certain point and then you realise "I'm gonna have to do that again"... What's it like being a total perfectionist!!??
Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
looking very nice Richard. I have to ask... you often seem get to a certain point and then you realise "I'm gonna have to do that again"... What's it like being a total perfectionist!!??
Drew.... that is a great question....

While I could never answer FOR these great artists, in my relationships with the artists over the years I have come to know that when this is done, no matter who does it from a very long list of artists and friends, that usually means the artist made it more cost effective to produce, found an easier way to make it so that the builder has an easier time doing so, or simply improved the quality by some means. I have literally witnessed a piece near release that got scrapped for a better, more quality solution for the consumer..... more than a few times actually. LOL Just like this one.

This one I am pleased to state is my commission. However, with this new technique Richard has now in place.... It will be much more cost effective to make others like it should you guys commission him to do so.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 09-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Anything to keep the cost down so I can buy more if Richard's work!

Cool pics as always!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!