Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 09-21-2010, 06:10 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corellian YT-2400 Outrider 1:72

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevischi View Post
A jewel!!!! Gratz man, you are the best!
Thanks Carlos! That means a lot to me!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:13 AM

Hangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of light

Stefan, thanks for the explanation...

One further question! when you say that you masked each panel, can you please explain? I'm sorry if I'm being too probing, but your work is very inspirational and I'm so interested in your methods.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 PM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Wonderful piece of workmanship! the more of these I see the more the design grows on me, particularly when they are so well finished!

Clactonite
Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangarbay94 View Post
Stefan, thanks for the explanation...

One further question! when you say that you masked each panel, can you please explain? I'm sorry if I'm being too probing, but your work is very inspirational and I'm so interested in your methods.
No problem Jules. I always say pics explain more than words so here is a example.

For grime streaks you have mask around the panel with tape.

Then i sprayed a thin mix of german grey and thinner on a business card or something similar. You can lead the direction of the streak with the card.

To get more contrast i did a washing to raise the panel lines.

Here´s a example for the method that some modelers call the "post-it method" cause some guys do that with post-its.

Okay i hope that helps a bit but its hard for me to explain in english. Sorry Jules
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clactonite View Post
Wonderful piece of workmanship! the more of these I see the more the design grows on me, particularly when they are so well finished!

Clactonite
Thanks a lot Clactonite!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 PM

Art deWhill is a jewel in the roughArt deWhill is a jewel in the roughArt deWhill is a jewel in the roughArt deWhill is a jewel in the roughArt deWhill is a jewel in the roughArt deWhill is a jewel in the rough

like I told you already: I am totally blown away
top notch!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Hangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of light

Stefan, thanks so much for letting me in on your method...I have to laugh as you've just made my life far more complicated!

I really appreciate all of your work, it really has blown me away.

Jules
Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of

Beautiful job Stefan! WOW!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art deWhill View Post
like I told you already: I am totally blown away
top notch!
Quote:
Stefan, thanks so much for letting me in on your method...I have to laugh as you've just made my life far more complicated!

I really appreciate all of your work, it really has blown me away.

Jules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Dillon View Post
Beautiful job Stefan! WOW!!!
Danke schön Stefan, Jules and Brad!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Jules
I always try my best to confuse the people . LOL
Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Stefan,

That is very nicely built and painted! Always a joy to see your finished work and hope more to come, sir! Great work once again there!

B
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Stefan,

That is very nicely built and painted! Always a joy to see your finished work and hope more to come, sir! Great work once again there!

B
Thanks!! . There will surely come more my friend.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 AM

clevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to all

And how about the little black drops, how did you do that??
Old 09-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevischi View Post
And how about the little black drops, how did you do that??
Take a big gulp of MIG Dark Washing and spat it all over the model!
No!!! Just kidding!

Take a brush and dip it into a Washing mix. Then take the airbrush and blow with air in the brush. You´ll get some nice natural looking spatters on the model. You could try it on a piece of paper. The other way is to dip a brush with long bristles into Dark Washing and let it snap on a piece of plastic sheet or something similar.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:38 AM

clevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to allclevischi is a name known to all

Good advice, thank you.