View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:21 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/48 Seafire FR47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
I have seen room walls where a sharpie or vivid marker had been used prior to painting. It does 'seep' through acrylic paint. No idea about enamel.
I've put a few shots of grey onto the nose, checking for clean seams, which are getting cleaner, and I haven't seen any bleed through yet. I may do a none acrylic clear coat to act as a barrier just in case before I lay down the main colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Two current projects:

-DonS 1/350 Reliant transkit
-Industria Mechanika 1/35 Bishop dropship

Your resin/kit splicing techniques will inform my work as I splice the Polar Lights styrene saucer and DonS's resin bridge and blockhouse. (I'm going verrrry slowly on the DonS Reliant kit, as the components are very expensive, and I've never worked a geometry this complex...)

The Bishop dropship is more straightforward-- all resin parts fit with the precision of a good styrene kit, but I'm inspired by your photoetch work as I do the Bishop's cockpit PE parts.

I swap between the projects when frustration sets in on one or the other. (And I retreat to Bandai's 1/144 U-Wing when I need something much simpler...)

Dang, that Bishop Drop Ship looks great! Good luck with it.

As to frustration, I never find that as the reason I put a project 'on hold.' It's more just waning interest, which I'm trying to combat!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 07-11-2018 at 05:21 PM.