View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Kit Kongs Mansion Armour Annie WWII pin-up 1/8th

It does look the part. Thing that had me going is that it was pretty much a one shot deal, if I screwed it up then fill in and leave smooth which was a problem I could do without so teeth gritting time and then some. The deal went as follows: pencil marked the muzzle with 24 roughly equally divided marks. Trust me that these days, roughly in the right place is the best I can do but anyway.

Next was an old wooden mitre block to help hold the barrel still and keep it close to the bench surface, scriber in hand and able to rest that on the bench then got to it.

Thankfully the bore was big enough to get a scriber down the barrel so scratching thing lined up on one mark, slide inside the barrel, hold firm and pull back, repeat, rotate barrel to next mark and continue until done.

Ream out muzzle with same drill bit used to make the bore in the first place, thankfully I had a rotary grindstone bit that was a snug fit down the muzzle so that got a few runs down it at low revs, a good brush out to get shot of resin dust and it was a done thingy.

It gives a half decent impression of rifling and I'm happy with it so calling that bugger a win and moving on with the rest of it
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-12-2017 at 12:43 AM.