View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/350 USS North Carolina - a happy mistake

I love 1/700 ships. I enjoy putting 'em together and doing a semi-decent job on them.

1/350 is different to me. When I do a 1/350, she has to be done as right as I can... which means PE. The right PE treatment for the big ships can be quite expensive, and that's why I don't do many of them.

I'm getting a 1/700 North Carolina from The Duck. I'm getting excited about it - I've read all the reviews I can on the 'net, been checking my paint locker to see what all I need, etc.

This past Friday evening, I thought I'd get my 1/350 North Carolina out and play around with it. I bought her a year or so ago, messed around, stuck the hull together.... and decided that she'd have to wait on the PE treatment.

In addition to being a model of a battleship, it's a model of a Vacation Spot. Every time my wife and I go to Myrtle Beach, a trip to Wilmington is always on the itinerary. Not only that, but when I quit smoking, my last cigarette was smoked on The Showboat's bow, at a 20mm mount. Also, the ship was visited when my wife and I were on out honeymoon. (I have an exceptionally cool wife.)

So, it's a special ship, and it'll need the full treatment!

I figured, what'd be the harm of putting her funnels together?

What about some of the superstructure parts?

Oh SNAP! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?

To be continued...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbnc.jpg (35.4 KB, 194 views)