Thread: 1/72 B-17B '10'
View Single Post
  #8  
Old 01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Tiberious's Avatar
Tiberious Tiberious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,201
Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/72 B-17B '10'

Alright, been a little while since any updates occurred. But I'm back to doing some work on it, keeping the mojo afloat as it were.

So, I got a little more work done on the supercharger inlets, grouting out the inner plastic so it doesn't look too thick from the outside.



But I also made a snafu, going a little too far with the file. I sanded it further back to the seam and then replaced it with some styrene.




Then in the mail, the two PE sets for the seats came in, two of them giving me enough for four and those were put together.




Also did more work on the interior, finishing that up.







I finished with the seats, using a combo of PE and decal seat belts. And yes, the decals for the seats are too low. A little woops on my part.



Putting them in however showed they I barely put in enough room for the pilots to sit at the controls. They'd be in for an uncomfortable mission!




Seats in back as well as the sleeves on the gun barrels.




After that it was onto the glazings. The waist bubbles were glued in place, followed by the wait guns. I used clear gator glue to secure them to the glass, dries crystal clear and no fogging. CA was used on the posts.




Glad to see I can see them through the glass!



Then it was onto the little windows, which needed a little help here and there to fit. Unfortunately, the small ones almost all have little distortions in the middle of them. It's a little distracting, but I can live with it. Then the nose windows that cross the seam.

I taped the fuselage halves together and then set them and glued them - making sure to glue on only one side. HaHA!




All set and level!



Did a little more work since, such as starting to glue the halves together and drilling out the exhaust pipes. Will be posting more pics later!

Model-on!
__________________
My stuff. Some even completed!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Reply With Quote