View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Space 1999 Eagle (Warp)

Looking like an Eagle now!

The two corridors were epoxied to the transport pod with the spine pressed dry into place as a guide. As soon as the epoxy was set enough, I stood the model on its feet to make sure that it was straight - I didn't want any small twists that would cause a foot to be raised and allow the model to rock.

The transport pod details and weathering still need doing, and a couple of the CM windows need their edges tidying before they're glossed, and then it's just the remaining bells and pod feet to go. The main gear feet will be weathered with the same grey method I used on the corridors and pod belly after I do the oleo chrome and some metalising of the bottom of the feet to look heavily scuffed. Oh, and the Lettracet full-stops. Mustn't forget to buy those...

Thinking about mounting the model, I'm considering standing it on a dusty Lunar surface, a section of orange and black marked landing pad (not terribly original, though), or maybe suspending it on clear acrylic rods above one of those surfaces with the tops of the rods longitudinally emery rubbed, heavily at the top to almost nothing after a couple of inches running into the four main ventral boosters - it might capture the thrusting effect the show used reasonably well. I'll have to try a single piece of rod to test the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg major assembly (1).JPG (589.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg major assembly (2).JPG (617.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Snagger; 02-13-2013 at 12:09 PM.