View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Space 1999 Eagle (Warp)

OK, a bit of deja vu on the front frame and spine lattice. I remove the bands and resprayed the white. The bands had to be removed first because I expected they would create visible rises int he surface of the white is painted straight over, and because red has a nasty habit of bleeding through any other colour painted over the top.

The gear pods have been fully assembled and have just a small amount of work left - painting the oleos chrome silver and tidying up the edges of one of the orange bars. I did clean up the defect in the Maltese cross, and found a few other tiny ones too, so they all got the treatment. The CM has windows at last, though I don't have any gloss black, so they had to be done matt and will get a gloss clear coat (that should give them a small amount of depth anyway). The CM sensor dishes and all the rocket bells got a coat of a more appropriate metalised silver and like the windows, just need tidying up around the edges. I also attached the transport pods boosters, just to get them out of the way, but the pod still needs its windows and other detailing painting before a very little amount of weathering is added.

I repaired a mistake I made on the rear corridor frames a couple of years ago. I hadn't noticed that the front and rear frames were slightly different - the front frames connect to the CM clamps while the rear frames run tubes directly to the side fuel tanks. I had cut the rear frames to fit the CM, so had to replace the tubes to the tanks.

Then transport pod will be fitted permanently with epoxy between it and each corridor. I'll use the spine for alignment while the epoxy sets, but the spine will be super-glued in place as it's neater. Once the rest is assembled, the remaining boosters and rockets will be attached. The edges look a bit crappy in the photos, but I have left the black and aluminium edges a little rough and will be buffing and dry brushing them more to get a more sooty effect.

It's all coming together quite quickly now. I wonder what is next to set me back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg initial assembly (1).JPG (603.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg initial assembly (2).JPG (597.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg initial assembly (3).JPG (620.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg initial assembly (4).JPG (594.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Snagger; 02-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.