View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:46 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 TOS Production Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Interesting mods. Two questions:

It's a little unclear where the bearings are used.

Is the tube that connects the motor to the bussard glued, or just press fit?
I'm trying to quiet the motor noise if that wasn't palin from the video.

Anyway, the bearings are inside at either end of the tunnel where the motor is supposed to slide into in the bussard housing at the front of the nacelle.
They fit like a glove without having to do anything to the kit part. A rectangular piece of styrene sheet is glued into the recess at the front of the tunnel to prevent the front bearing from sliding forward out of the tunnel. A second section of styrene tubing is inserted into the tunnel between the bearings to keep them from sliding together. A second piece of styrene tubing larger than the opening and with a hole big enough to allow passage of the axle shaft is glued over the back of the tunnel to keep the rear bearing from falling out. The threaded brass coupler shaft is first inserted into a piece of styrene tubing which is sanded to a slightly smaller diameter to slide into the bearings. The threaded part of the brass coupler threads into the bussard spinner. The brass coupler has a hole in the larger end into which I hammered a piece of square brass tubing for a tight press fit. There is a second smaller diameter piece of Evergreen plastic tubing out the backside of the axle assembly that is hammered onto the piece of square brass tubing which acts as a coupler. Then the silicon tubing slides onto the tubing at the back end of the axle assembly to make the connection to the motor shaft which has a piece of Evergreen tubing force fit onto it. The silcon tubing is actually fuel line for RC airplanes I got at the hobby store. It's press fit not glued.

These pics may explain better...

Spinner shaft assembled...

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 05-23-2013 at 12:06 PM.