Thread: How Far Enough?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: How Far Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
I generally don't criticize because experience has taught me that even with a signed waiver, most folks still don't want to hear it.
That's why we now have the Critique section.... if a person has too thin of a skin to accept constructive criticism, then he or she better not post there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Exactly- and that's why it does matter if the criticizer can actually do a better job himself. Anyone can read of a technique but if you offer one up as the "fix" then be prepared to follow that tip up with how you, yourself made it work. Probably not within the normal definition of "constructive criticism" but it is within my definition of "helping".
Bingo! If I put something of mine in that section and one of you guys spot an issue, by all means point it out. If you know how I can improve a certain technique, then I'm all ears.

What I do NOT want to hear is "I heard about this technique for doing x, you should try that." Wrong answer. If you haven't experienced it yourself, then you really don't have any license to pass that info on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
RI was founded on the premise of what no other boards had the balls to do: the ability to speak your mind and be able to be honest......not just the usual "good job" or "nice work" bullshit that you get at a lot of other places because it's what rules dictate.
This is true.