Thread: How Far Enough?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: How Far Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Critiquing is great, if you're truly able to take it on board. What I'd like is constructive criticism - tell me it's fucked, but then tell me how to fix it.

Exactly- and that's why it does matter if the criticizer can actually do a better job himself. Anyone can read of a technique but if you offer one up as the "fix" then be prepared to follow that tip up with how you, yourself made it work. Probably not within the normal definition of "constructive criticism" but it is within my definition of "helping".

Now I'm going to raise the stakes in this game a lil bit-

That's another reason that I do not critique. It's a lot of fucking work and time to compose a post that I might hope to be helpful in someone trying or polishing a technique. Not that I am that lazy, not exactly. But I post all of my techniques during my WIPs. And, not that everyone should necessarily acquaint themselves with anything and everything I've ever posted. But hey, I've already covered that ground and done that work. OTOH, something within me feels quite squeamish about referring anyone to one of my own threads as an example of how to do something. You either stumble upon and read it for yourself, absorb whatever you choose, or you don't? Who am I to say it was ever worth looking it?

Did that make any sense to explain my personal outlook or did it just sound snooty?