View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:44 PM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eduard 1/48 MiG-21MF Fishbed J

Slow but steady! The next step was getting all the cockpit pieces together before closing up the fuselage. I used Tamiya X-14 and X-15 in a ratio of 3:1 (I think) to match the color of the photo etch. It looks really close in these pics but in person there is a slightly more green tint. I also picked out some of the control details with black, silver and red on a toothpick. To finish it up some dry brushing and a light wash were applied.

This MF’s really starting to shape up now that the innards are done for the most part. The seam clean up will be minimal; the spine and dorsal fin fit like a glove. The ventral fin and chin seam will need a little cleanup.