Thread: How Far Enough?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: How Far Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2001 View Post
You have to look at where the crits are coming from... does this person know the subject or not.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2001 View Post
I've been wasting time on the revell 1/72 uboat for ...about 4 years now. When I get advice from someone on that kit,I take a long hard look where it's coming from. You don't WANT to know the number of opinions on U-boat color schemes!

I can only imagine! I saw a little of that when I was trying to figure out what colors to use on my Scharnhorst build. Come to find out, most 'accurate' colors are the result of educated guesses. Then I find out that KM colors weren't standardized the way Luftwaffe and Heer colors were. So basically, until someone finds something that's been painted 'Graphite Gray' and 'S-Boat White' and stored in a dark, nitrogen-filled container, then my guess is as good as anyone elses AND EVEN IF THEY DO - it still wouldn't look right on a 1/350 model!

I said all that to say this: Screw 'em, it's YOUR model after all.