View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM

Savion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Xbox360 and you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Hey Savion,

I was thinking of getting Civilization for a while now. For family games, we got Rayman Origin for the Xbox and Ratchet & Clank for the PS3. I highly recommand Rayman for the vibrant colours, cute music and fun game play.

Tho I am more into action games but I am always looking out for good family games which is very few. Shrek, hmmm...

B
Boxster, Civilization Revolution has been re-forged (if you will) to work with the current generation of consoles. (360, PS3 and Nintendo DS. Yes, I own all three. It's not as intensive as say, Civilization V is for the PC, but most of the concepts (as far as I can tell) are there in one form or another. There is a demo version of Civ:Rev for the 360 you can download for free. While the game time is limited and you can only play one of two cultures, you should be able to find out whether or not the game suits your tastes.

As far as Shrek: Forever After goes - well, it was the first one in the Shrek series I got and since then I've had opportunity to try most of the earlier games. I honestly feel it's the best of them and it is suited to younger gamers - or older gamers like me! LOL! You can do an awful lot in the game, either as a single player or up to 4 co-operative players. One review I read was that having 4 players was kinda tedious and play eventually devolved to one or two players controlling everyone, but you can add extra players in at any time. Game play itself is a top-down view that is simultaneously an RPG/action/ puzzle solving type of game. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it but I'm glad I did. I kept right at it until I got every achievement. You actually don't NEED to do that, the game does "end" earlier, but you can go back and get all of the other treasures, special items, etc after the "game end" because you don't get every character's specialty item until the beginning of the final level of Rumpelstiltskin's Palace. There are a LOT of combat sequences you have to get through that does get rather tedious, but overall, it's not a terribly long game; not entirely sure of the length, but it's a good 4 hours or so - IF you go from start to finish and assuming you are an experienced gamer as well. Remember, I consider myself a "light" gaming type so my perceptions won't be like many other harder-core type of gamer.