View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default brass locomotive

awhile back, I got this nice and well used brass loco, 2-8-2 drive configuration, mismatched tender, had a loose tire, a short, old motoer...ect.
I tore it down, fixed the loose tire and short by re insulating the tire and pressing it back on, repowered the engine with a new can motor, which took some creativity to do, as the old openframe motor took up quite a bit more space. I had to make a mount, rewire stuff, and replace the gearbox that was part of the old motor. I added a few decals to the number boards to match the cab numbers, had a tender laying around that better fit the engine, so I got it down, repainted it, lettered it as you see, for a local line that existed in the early 1900s, a 282 that I worked from in a books photo, the prototype was numbered lower, but I figured Id leave it as it is.
I left most of the locos paint intact, as I liked the aged look, added a tad bit of weathering here n there, may do some more, specially on the tender, and Ill likely do a few touchups yet. this ones ready to go back to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2227.JPG (2.84 MB, 88 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com