Thread: How Far Enough?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: How Far Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteSciFi View Post
How far is TOO far when honesty is concerned?
We all want (for the most part) to get better at modeling,
but sometimes a post has an abrasive quality when
being totally frank about facts. I am guilty of this from
time to time, but for the most part, I try to provide
a rational for the reality I am bringing to the table.
This is how WIP section's description reads:

Finished or WIP Projects
Tired of getting "nice job" in your threads? Feel like you are not being challenged to improve your builds? Post them here for brutally honest critiques from our members. If you don't take criticism well, don't post here!!

When a person reads that, its like open season
on amateur build day. What limits are there if any?
I know that when I have gone too far, but MY limits
are often far beyond what some would say are tolerable...
even though the disclaimer says "If you don't take
criticism well, don't post here!!"
It's because a lot of people really don't take criticism well so they are being forewarned. If you just want someone to say "nice job" or "solid build" it's not the place to post. However, if you want an honest assessment by all means show us your build.

I have no issues with someone being very blunt with my work; I'd rather have someone tell me what they think and/or see errors that I don't and offer a different technique to do achieve my modeling goal. I read those types of posts in a "neutral" manner so it's not personal or rude to me. Had I not posted in one of those sections on another forum with a build I never would have learned how much better my weathering would become just by incorporating an oil wash. So for me it's helped to improve my skills.

No guts; no glory!

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.