View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default JTR's 1/35 SEG-888 Hornet - Unimotorcycle Thing

I saw this kit at the Venice (FL not CA) show and after talking with the builder learned he purchased it on eBay. I picked the little resin kit for only $8.99 plus free shipping from China. The seller called it, "MA.K Resin Model KIT 1/35 JUNK SERIES NO.3 SEG-88" and after some searching I was able to figure out it is a recast of the Japanese outfit Junk Tank Rock's 1/35 SEG-888 Hornet.

The kit arrived quickly and well-packed but after a parts inspection I noticed the hand on the right arm had broken off and was missing. A replacement is suppose to be on the way.

The seller did not include the springs for the exhaust hosing so I'm hoping I can find something a local hardware parts store.

The casting was fair with minimal flaws. The exception was a seam running along the top and read of the bike but nothing a little putty couldn't fix. The bike went together well and I reinforcing all joints with brass wire. The grips and mud flaps are pretty delicate and I am hoping I don't break along the way.

The base was fun! It's built from the shale rock found along the road during the trip home from WF last year. My plan is to conceal the wire with bits of the rock and simulate the bike is jumping from the ledge.

Here's a cool build-up of the kit over on Fichenfoo's site from back in 07.

That's it for now.

Peace out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Sketch.jpg (273.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Parts.jpg (393.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Base.jpg (384.7 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by The Mad Klingon; 04-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.