Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future! (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Things Overheard At Wonderfest (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=14810)

Bishop37 05-21-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Things Overheard At Wonderfest

I must admit, I look forward to this every year. I do not know what context these quotes were made in and it doesn't really matter, I just laugh like a loon when I read them.

Thanks for the free entertainment guys!

The Cat 05-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop37 (Post 256180)
I do not know what context these quotes were made in!

That's part of the fun :)

Mark Yungblut 05-21-2013 05:02 PM

In many instances there isn't a whole lot of context to worry about. It's almost all just bantor between folks in the best frat house style...

G-Man 05-21-2013 05:09 PM

Dish water on cobblestone.... Jesus I'm glad i missed that one...

George

Neb 05-21-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat (Post 256133)
"You REALLY need to see a proctologist, and SOON!" Mark Yungblut to me

guffaw guffaw guffaw

Neb 05-21-2013 08:19 PM

"I'm tellin ya---that color modulation technique is all bullshit! That's just another way for Mig Jimenez to get you to buy his weathering products. Here's an idea----paint and weather the model as usual, put it on the contest table and write on the build sheet that this is my model as seen on a sunny day at 2pm! There's your fucking modulation! Sonovabitch that shit pisses me off! Miggie can kiss my ass!"

Me, going on a rant on Saturday afternoon and getting a little carried away.... :p

G-Man 05-21-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb (Post 256204)
"I'm tellin ya---that color modulation technique is all bullshit! That's just another way for Mig Jimenez to get you to buy his weathering products. Here's an idea----paint and weather the model as usual, put it on the contest table and write on the build sheet that this is my model as seen on a sunny day at 2pm! There's your fucking modulation! Sonovabitch that shit pisses me off! Miggie can kiss my ass!"

Me, going on a rant on Saturday afternoon and getting a little carried away.... :p

Great, Now i feel like a loser for wanting to modulate the Green on the APC i'm fixing to build ;)

Joseph C. Brown 05-21-2013 08:33 PM

You know those odd conversational lulls that occasionally happen?

Picture one happening when you walk into the RI suite, and everyone who had been talking just a moment ago *all* look over at you when you walk into the room.

Yeah.

So I decide to confuse the fuck out of them and said "Gentlemen?"

This caused enough mayhem to give me time to get out to the balcony for a smoke, which was where I was heading anyways... :hammer:

The Cat 05-21-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph C. Brown (Post 256206)
You know those odd conversational lulls that occasionally happen?

Picture one happening when you walk into the RI suite, and everyone who had been talking just a moment ago *all* look over at you when you walk into the room.

Yeah.

So I decide to confuse the fuck out of them and said "Gentlemen?"

This caused enough mayhem to give me time to get out to the balcony for a smoke, which was where I was heading anyways... :hammer:

Well, to be fair, you were NUDE and wearing a Pinocchio mask over your penis with a sign that said "Make me lie!"

We are a pretty wild bunch, but occasionally something small like that will confuse us for a moment or two.

LastBattlestar 05-21-2013 10:48 PM

Man, now I'm worried about walking in there one day.:eek: Maybe I'll just say 'Gday' and that should ID me pretty quick....

Mike

rpauly 05-22-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Carried away my ass. That ain't nothing but truthiness.

The Cat 05-22-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastBattlestar (Post 256217)
Man, now I'm worried about walking in there one day.:eek: Maybe I'll just say 'Gday' and that should ID me pretty quick....

Mike

Ah hell. If you can handle RI the Board, then you can handle RI the Suite. Same thing, except one doesn't involve nearly as much typing.

Quote:

My one regret about this WF is that I didn't find some way to record your presentation and Youtube it. There was a LOT of great advice in it! :hail:

Neb 05-22-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat (Post 256229)
Ah hell. If you can handle RI the Board, then you can handle RI the Suite. Same thing, except one doesn't involve nearly as much typing.

My one regret about this WF is that I didn't find some way to record your presentation and Youtube it. There was a LOT of great advice in it! :hail:

Thanks Dave---it's too bad I ran out of time. I had a LOT to say the last 20 frames or so.... ;):)

G-Man 05-22-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb (Post 256234)
Thanks Dave---it's too bad I ran out of time. I had a LOT to say the last 20 frames or so.... ;):)

I missed it... I want the slide show!...:(

I am rethinking this dealers table thing.
Don't get me wrong, its great hanging out with Scott, but missing most of the show sucks. :(
I need to hire a lacky

cireskul 05-22-2013 12:07 PM

I missed it too (should have worn a watch damit). George, please consider posting the slide show somewhere.