PDA

View Full Version : Therapy- part deux

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Gang,
Before settling back into the groove and returning to my projects I decided to detour one more time and just build a lil something for the "fun of it". I actually needed to test out a new line of paints which looked promising to ue on a 'display piece' for a LHS to add to some others I already have there. BUT, on the base coat I quickly lerned these acrylics were very succeptible to fisheyes and either I hadn't prepped the plastic well enough or this brand of paints were too finicky for plastic. Plastic BTW was not their original intent?
Anyways, I slammed together a Revell 1/12th "chopper" kit and used it test another line of paints than I originally intended. I used the House of Kolor line phase shifting paints topped with acrylic clear by Testors.
If you look at the angles and the different lighting sources you should see greens, blues, purples and some reds. Of course dependent on angle and where I apllied any of four different shades over a black base coat.
So, if you'll forgive another straight OOB build (other than the suede and 'cloth' seat) here's another 'quickie'. Took three days including a false start paint job that had to be stripped off and then allowing dry time for switching to enamels.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/DuxWerx/Misc%20Models/000_0001.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/DuxWerx/Misc%20Models/000_0004-1.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/DuxWerx/Misc%20Models/000_0005.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/DuxWerx/Misc%20Models/000_0006.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/DuxWerx/Misc%20Models/000_0007.jpg

BTW: If anyone wants to commission a full custom chopper model- please PM me. This was straight OOB but I'd like to do a long and low with 300fatty and the works. Or maybe a modern bobber? Just PM me if you like choppers and want to talk that over?

So- thanks for looking in at my ongoing "therapy"!:D

Lord Darth Beavis
05-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Nice work, my fine feathered friend. That's a sweet ride.

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 03:05 AM
LDB, Jay,
Thanks gents for the kind words. Jay, it's about 8 1/2" long total in 1/12th scale. A nice size to work with and display.

Just a reminder, I recently felt a need to get back to my roots in this hobby. Build something, anything. Fast and OOB just for the joy like when we were kids. No need for perfection, modifications or anxiety over accuracy. Just fun. And this lil scooter was just that for me!:D

Thanks again.

rider
05-10-2008, 03:09 AM
C'est Magnifique :yeah::yeah::yeah:

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Rider, Mech,

While I don't speak nuthin but Southern English myself, I assume the thumbs up meant "good", huh?:p

I appreciate the kind words Gents and it's nice (IMHO) that an OOB build can still be appreciated and not lost in the overwhelming talent and craftsmanship usually displayed upon these boards. I don't mean that to sound like anything but praise for the caliber of work we've become acustomed to seeing around here.

So thank you.:)

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 03:25 AM
You know, that is something we should NEVER forget. I've got almost the whole set of old Aurora airliners in my hobby room right now. I had a bunch of them as a kid, and lost some of them over the years. Some are the originals I had back in the 70's, in need of some repair. I am having he best time working on those, the only "mod" I'm doing to them is smoothing out the seams and putting a slick paint job on them. Pretty much stress free fun, and I'll enjoy them very much when they are finished. I actually have a bunch of old kits to build and enjoy, no worries of hyper-accuracy or any of that stuff. It's ok to have a few models to really go all out on, but having kits that are neat little just for fun models is just priceless to me.

Amen to that Jay!:cool:

Eagle-1
05-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Yessir! What rider said Ducky.....

Celestial Magnifying glass!

(I don't know how come you buncha illitrits can't read that. I seen it right off. :shrug:)

Rob.

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 03:47 AM
^

LOL!

Thanks Rob!:D

Eagle-1
05-10-2008, 03:48 AM
:thumbsup:

Raytheon
05-10-2008, 04:00 AM
Don, i think it matters not wether it's an OOB or kit with scratch/after market addons or whatever.
A model is a model and your building something, building well i might add, which is more than some do so all good from here me duck billed buddy from the darkside.
:)

Wombat
05-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Bloody Fantastic!
Now DD that's two in a row of these OOB build's that have come out looking outstanding dude.If this was just a quick fun build,i can't wait to see one of your finished detailed build's mate.:D

Phil

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Bloody Fantastic!
Now DD that's two in a row of these OOB build's that have come out looking outstanding dude.If this was just a quick fun build,i can't wait to see one of your finished detailed build's mate.:D

Phil

LOL Phil,
The joke is that few folks EVER see any of my 'detailed' builds finished! I have so many projects waiting on this or that to reach completion? Therefore- I had to go back to basics and complete something for my own sanity!:p

DarthDuck
05-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey?

Where's Neb?

I realize that in this scale the suede leather seat looks like SHEEPSKIN?

Oh wouldn't that SHEEPFUCKER love to have his ass planted on a Sheepskin seat!:p

Damien9479
05-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Good job Duck!! For OOB that is awesome
I should take your advice and just grab a kit a build it just for the sheer fun of it and not obsess over everything...Good job :thumbsup:

Tom