PDA

View Full Version : 41" Star Destroyer Avenger 10/21 [Painted !]

Monsieur Tox
10-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello guys, some new pics of my ISD on my website :
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer10.html
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer11.html
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer12.html

It's not finished though. I have to do the engine bells, add some details on the engine back, on the domes, build bracket to hold the upper hull and draw all the lines with a pencil ! But it will go to the exhibit as it is on the pics.

Hope you like !

superjedi
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
My God!!!! :eek:
That's just unbelievable. . . I'm going to pour my paints and glue all over myself and light myself on fire now. :lol:

robn1
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Outstanding job!

REL
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Damn look at that detail! I love detail.

http://ombresdesang.info/images/ISD118.jpg

bar
10-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Beautiful as always Julien.
Will it be getting the guns added?
Bar.

Monsieur Tox
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Oops I forget to put the guns ! :s

bar
10-22-2007, 01:59 AM
I was just wondering.
De-cloak the main guns!!!
:D
Bar.

Max Zephyr
10-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Damn Julien she is one fine ship. 8)

manjp
10-22-2007, 02:56 AM
I think you should have molded it. :)

REL
10-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Yeah no kidding, he could retire in luxury on the kit sales to a masterpiece like that.

dandan
10-22-2007, 06:01 AM
WOW......thats un-real, fantastic job.

Forsaken
10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
That has got to be one of the most BEAUTIFUL builds I have ever seen.
Fantastic workmanship Julien.

Al

Monsieur Tox
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments !

The way is long before getting her finished though :(

jedilaw
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments !

The way is long before getting her finished though :( Tell me about it, man. :eek:

Kick ass work, totally.

rider
10-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Its utterly wonderous Monsieur Tox. I think you have also achieved a perfect scale as the details, small and large offset eachother perfectly.

Way to go sir.

Kuhn Global
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah no kidding, he could retire in luxury on the kit sales to a masterpiece like that.

INDEED!!! ;)

Julien... my friend... There seems to be no limit to the "shock factor" that I receive every time I look at an update of the beautiful piece you have created! :D

Are you still planning it to go on Exhibition?

As I told you in person, I feel honored to have seen this beastie in person and to have met you and your family. I knew then that your creative talents were going to shake the foundation of this hobby and artform.

Being that you are VERY wise to hold on to this wonderful creation in not selling it, it is your piece here that has inspired me to commission one like it! Your super-detailing is awe-inspiring indeed! Richard will be doing the project in '08.

That said, Julien, I recommend ALWAYS keeping that beastie. There may be many offers in the future, but your talents on it are clear and I believe it something you will treasure and value forever.

I look forward to viewing your next great endeavor! :D

BTW... nice site my friend! :D

Monsieur Tox
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys :D

Yeah Kurt, I will be on exhibit from friday to monday. :D
I was very honored to meet you and your wife too and I was very glad you are the first to see my ISD in personn ! :D

Well I dont know if I will keep it lol My friend who works as modelmaker for the french industry told me a such model would cost about 60000 for a movie production. So... :D Since I have no money ^^ I dont know what to do lol :lol: Anyway I think it will be my last model (oh that was only my second ! :lol: ).
To be honest I plan to stop modelmaking at the end of this year !

Well I have a stand for my cam so I took pics of the lite bridge.
I played with the lightning to create shadows, I have to work more, but eh the pics are not blurry ! :lol:

http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer12.html

Kuhn Global
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Anyway I think it will be my last model (oh that was only my second ! :lol: ).

To be honest I plan to stop modelmaking at the end of this year !

:eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Julien!!!! You are one of the most natural talents I have ever met in this artform!! This should be only a beginning my friend. :)

I do understand about money situations, however, and respect your will to change things. It is just a shock that it is ending so quickly. This is indeed disturbing news. :(

I think I can say that most everyone would love to see you continue your fine work. Maybe you could continue your great pieces in your down time? :)

You are a GREAT artist Julien.... and a good friend. I will always wish you the best. :D

REL
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
What?? Are you kidding Julien? What brought that on? No way you have to be kidding.

Monsieur Tox
10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah guys but I really need to get a job now lol I took a year off to build this ISD and the deal was to stop modelling once it's done ! And this thing ruined me lol ! :lol:
Of course Ill continue to do some models, but only commercial kits.

I have to save money and time cuz I want to marry my GF as soon as possible, she's only waiting that I get a job so... You understand my choice guys cuz I really love her ! ;)

PS : Well Ill do my best to get a job with a loooot of free time ! :D But hard to find :lol:

REL
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
You're going to pick a woman over modeling? Man you need to get your priorities right. :P

Monsieur Tox
10-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Rich... Tell her that ! http://www.master194.com/forum/images/smiles/chair.gif :lol:

Kuhn Global
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
You are a good man Julien! ;)

I am glad you are still going to do SOME of the hobby. :)

I look forward to meeting this woman that has taken you from us! LOLOLOLOLOL... Naaaa... I am certain she is worth it. :D

Are you thinking of a wedding date in the future?

Monsieur Tox
10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah she's worth it ! http://sovereignreplicas.com/SR/images/smiles/love4.gif

Well not sure about the date, but this year it's her brother, so we wait for next year, probably June cuz we are in relationship since 06/09/04 ;) June is a good month ! :D

Kuhn Global
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah she's worth it ! http://sovereignreplicas.com/SR/images/smiles/love4.gif

Well not sure about the date, but this year it's her brother, so we wait for next year, probably June cuz we are in relationship since 06/09/04 ;) June is a good month ! :D

Keep us posted my friend! :D

ralphee
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Holy...i missed all this...bro your gonna marry? Thats awesome news, for sure keep us posted buddy....ahhh love, its a wonderful thing man!

lee

Raytheon
01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I've said before that i'm not an ISD fan but ya just can't ignore a top notch build that just oozes quality and that's one right there Julien!!
Outstanding stuff and bloody then some.

Good luck and all best wishes to you and your lady and the long and happy life to come.
:wtg:

R L Bleecker
01-26-2008, 02:15 PM
We haven't heard from him in awhile. It MUST be that 'wedded bliss' thing.

Griffworks
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
That or she Killed Him Real Good and made it look like an accident, claiming his insurance and belongings. Now that I think about it, didn't this model show up on eBay recently...? :confused:

Yess uh yokin', main! :D

Monsieur Tox
03-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Hey guyyyys :D

Thanks for the kind words ;)

Oops sorry I was meaning by next year, 2009 not 2008 hehe, no wedding yet :D

No, no that wasnt my model on ebay !

I took a break from star wars stuff but now Im ready to finish the ISD and to do other models ! :D

First thing to do, repaint the ISD. I went to the exhibit where the large SSD/ISD bridge was displayed and (I assume the color is the same than the 8 footer), is almost white... far more white than I thought... It becomes grayish once on pic but it's a very very very light gray. I was very surprised ! (even if I had already seen it 4 years ago hehe but I had just the pics I took and I didnt put any attention on the color of this model since I was not modelling star wars stuff at this time).
Now Im ready to start the SS 8 footer hehe.

Boxster
03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Mr Tox getting hitch? Maaannnnnnn, that's sweet! I hope she is a modeler too so that you guys can churn out models after models there. LOL!

Sweet and may the force be with you guys!

B

Elkybaby
03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Julien, That Star Destroyer is Awesome, now build that 8 footer, I now wish I did:(

Boxster
03-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Elkybaby, there is always that 3 meter SSD! LOL

B